chapter 6 ~ 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒅

Start from the beginning

     I groaned aloud, aggravated, slamming my head down on the palms of my hands. "Maybe I should just go home," I mumbled, letting my body lean forward heavily.

     "You're not going back to Yura's," Jimin snapped.

     Yoongi sighed, wrapping his arm around my lower back. I lifted myself, leaning against his chest, my head pressed against his jaw. "That's not what she meant," he groaned. "She meant California."

     "America!?" Jungkook exclaimed.

     I snorted, staring at him from beside Yoongi. "Where'd you think I came from?"

     He shrugged and Taehyung rolled his eyes, draping an arm over the younger's shoulders and drawing him close. I watched them for a moment before lowering my gaze. I wanted a stable relationship like that. I almost pitied myself for a moment before reality hit me square in the center of my face. Not only did I not need a relationship to continue my life, but there was also no need for me to search for someone. I had Yoongi, even if he didn't love me the way I loved him.

     Yoongi had been an escape for me from Yura since the day we met, two years ago, when I'd first come to Korea. The day we first met at a public bus stop, he had been just another face in the crowd; black face mask, dark hood, and long bangs. I had gotten kicked off a bus because an elderly man had a problem with my presence simply for being of a foreign race. No one on the streets was willing to help me find a way home, and my mediocre Korean didn't help either. I had positioned myself on the ground, my back against the bus stop post. My only hope had been to wait another hour for the next bus to come by before I could get back to Busan.

     "What're you doing?" he'd asked me in English.

     "Hoping for someone to fly me to Neverland; I'm waiting for the bus, what's it look like I'm doing?"

     He'd chuckled. "Neverland, huh?"

     I'd glared up at him, pulling my sweater hood over my head and tightening the strings.

     "I can help you get there if you want."

     Why do you always get in stranger's fucking cars? I cursed myself in my head, pulling my lips tight against my cheeks in a sort of "meh" face. I pressed my face harder against Yoongi out of embarrassment. I was an idiot for mindlessly letting strangers "help" me, but thankfully, Yoongi had been an exception. So had Jimin.

     "You can stay here for the night, hyung," Jimin sighed, running a hand through his hair. 

     I untucked my head a bit from the crook of Yoongi's neck to peer over at him. He was watching me silently. I blinked leisurely at him before parting my lips in a small smile. Jimin immediately looked away, his cheeks flaring a bright pink. I blushed and turned away, running a hand over the pane of Yoongi's stomach.

     "Thanks, Jimin," Yoongi chuckled, grabbing my hand and holding onto it tightly. "I assume that means I get the couch?"

     "Uh-huh, pretty much."

     Yoongi sighed, leaning his head against the back of the couch. He lazily began drawing circles against the back of my hand, his touch sending a shiver up my arm and down my spine. I was so close to settling down when something pounded on the front door, making me jump. Yoongi's arm tightened around my backside, drawing me closer until our knees touched. Jimin jumped up from his seat, making his way quietly to the door. When he peered outside, his shoulders visibly softened, his tone hushed and formal as he addressed an unseen individual. I stretched my neck a bit to peer into the hallway as Jimin backed up, his hands clutching two plastic bags stacked high with food in cardboard and styrofoam take-out boxes.