"She what? " he couldn't answer back to my questions when more undead wolves and vampires appeared.

Everyone was in defense, this was worse. The pack wasn't this badly attacked before well we did had when the vampire King attacked us but it was away from the pack.

Atticus could shift into any animal he liked or needed to shift into. I wondered how beautiful he'll look like when he's in his wolf form.

Three vampires came in to attacked me, running fast and another one leapt, from the air he tried to tackle me in the ground. Elbowing his abdomen, he let me go from the powerful blow I gave him. I kicked the first vampire who came to me and quickly stood up.

Rotating my body to have a force and an heavy impact to kick the second one then had my knife stabbed into the vampire's heart. He quickly turned into ash.

'Thank the moon goddess those harsh trainings from Dad was great!'

That was how I spend my life in an hour or I don't know how long it was until more warriors from the three packs who came to aid us arrived in.

"It is done... " I whispered and Atticus patted my back.

"God my fucking back hurts! " I groaned and gave off a small laugh.

"No one told you to jump and do acrobatics every single time a vampire came to you. "

"It was worth it, I look fucking awesome! " I grinned as he pulled me in for a hug.

"Laylana... " Rieka mindlinked me.

I remembered she wasn't in the shelter with us. I asked her where she was and she told me she was safe cause Lilith was there to protect them inside the house. It was strange, having a child protect you. Rieka can't defend herself well with a bloated belly filled with a baby in her. She can't even walk straight.

"What do you mean Lilith? "

"She's Maria's second child. " she breathed out.

"Rieka we just got attacked, don't play pranks on me. "

"I'm not, come back inside the house. Cole's a little bit injured and I'll explain everything about Maria and why we both know each other. "

Then she cut off our conversation. I always found it strange that she and Maria were so close. So close...

Second child! Wtf she told me she was married then her sugar daddy was the Basile.

"You got to be kidding me! " I groaned. Atticus asked me what's wrong but I only told him we were needed in the house back. He nodded and ran there quickly as we can. I was sweating a lot and he wasn't! What a beautiful, beautiful creature! I know he could read my mind after mating. He swiftly took his handkerchief and gave it to me.

As we got inside, Maria was in the couch shivering and breathing hard and Sigmund was in his puppy form above her abdomen sleeping but was whining also in pain.
Covered in blood.

"Rieka what happened to her? " that's when I caught a smell.

A different smell.

Maria smelled different she smelled.. A vampire. Her aura changed from a dull or weak human to a pureblooded supernatural.

"Laylana it's time to tell you the truth about Maria. "

"Okay... " it was all I can say.

"She's the Queen of Vampires. " she blurted out then continued.

"We didn't wanted to tell you in fear it'll harm her and us, the pack. I was her pet when I was held captive by the Vampire King but o wasn't to her. I was her companion, a fellow prisoner there. She saved me and-"

"The flowers.. She was here to kill us from the start! " I screamed. I couldn't almost believed it! Maria was beyond expectation to even kill or be a monster. She was small, cute and dumb.. Okay she's not dumb but inexperienced to some thing!

"She was.. She was but not, when she saw you and me. Then Cole, Cole's her beloved and She's his mate. " she explained.

I was getting sick. Walking three step backwards and leaning on Atticus as I accepted the truth. Why didn't she tell me, I was her friend. She knew she could trust me but why didn't she. I felt so betrayed and she was married to a monster who killed my innocent mother.

"Atticus is this true? " I asked and cried.

He nodded, "It is and I was the one who saved Maria from Alpha Calden's grasp. I was too late however, Maria's son got injured bad and died a month later leading Maria to submit to revenge and blood. " he held my hand.

Maria coughed up blood and fell from the couch as she tried to stand. Sigmund shifted back to his original form. Acting as Maria's support. I looked at her and wanted to help but...

"Laylana... I'm sorry I lied. " she said as she wobbled up standing and Rieka was beside her.

"Alpha Calden will come by to attack in four months time or less. Knowing you are a hybrid, he will bred us both for power and raise powerful killing machines. He will not stop until he has you... " she coughed up more as Atticus held my hand tighter as I shivered.

My uncle was coming...

He was going to what?

"How did you know? " I asked.

"Opening your legs to demons will give you information. " she chuckled and wiped the blood from her mouth then cried.

"I am so filthy. " she said while Rieka told her not to say things like that. Lilith came in the living room and told Maria that it is finished.

She nodded and tried to walked away with Lilith and Sigmund but then was halted when my dad came wearing his pants only accompanied by some of his soldiers and beta. I

"State your purpose here Queen of Vampires! " my dad growled and his facial features where in the middle of transformation.

"I came her to find the one who killed my son.. Sadly he isn't here tonight. " she calmly spoke and stood still having her back having my father.

"You are not welcomed here! " he snarled.

"I know..." She whispered, "but your children and niece is free to visit me anytime in the palace. No harm will come to them. "

She then faced my dad and had her face covered in blood tears.

"Never speak of him of me please... He'll have no memory of me. " she smiled as a tear dropped from her face.

His face calmed down and sighed.

"Thank you by the way. " my dad spoke, his voice was sincere and apologetic.

Maria bowed her head with Lilith clinging to his Mother and demon dog beside her. She vanished as black smoke consumed them.