Chapter 26 - Notes

Isa,
I heard what Namjoon did and I seriously hope you are okay. Please send me a reply as soon as you see this birdie. (I know you are probably thinking that I'm one of the masterminds born in this century but you don't have to tell it. I already know)
Tae

Despite of her growing anxiety minutes before, Isabella chuckled at her friend's note. He indeed has a thing for spreading his cheerfulness. When reading the first sentences she slightly doubted whether it's really her friend or someone else going to trick her as Taehyung. But as soon as she finished the last sentence she was sure that it was Taehyung. Who else would make such comments on themselves in a situation like this?

Isabella quickly sat at the dusty table taking the quill pen.

Tae,
Don't worry, I'm fine other than rotting here with layers of dust. Namjoon knows about me and Seokjin. Please make sure he doesn't lay a hand on him.
Isabella

She read the note again before folding it to make the shape of a little bird. In a few minutes a reply came.

I know. Don't worry I'll take care of him. About Seokjin.. he told what happened between you two. I know you are hurt right now and I really want to hug you and tell you'll be alright. Please don't hurt yourself. Will you promise me?

She replied him;

Yes I'm hurt and confused, but I'm not mad. I understand that he is right. If I listened to your advice long time ago, none of these would happen. I'm sorry Tae, I really am.

It was her genuine feelings. She never regretted loving Seokjin, but at the end it would drive him to a far worse place he already was.

It's okay Isa. Everyone makes mistakes and those mistakes help us learn and grow. Both of you will be fine. Just like he wanted you to, let's focus on matters in our hand. Tomorrow morning I'm going to talk with Namjoon and get you out.

I don't know whether you'll be able to get me out before the wedding day. You know about Namjoon. I can't even explain how mad he is after knowing about that. If you are going to talk with him, get Jimin's help. He is one of us now. He promised me to help with our plan.

That's nice to know. Jimin is like Namjoon's right hand. He always adored him. Don't worry. I promise that I will get you out soon. You just have to focus on finding some effective plan to stop the wedding.

They exchanged notes whole night.

In the morning Taehyung and Jimin met Namjoon and talked about getting Isabella out of the devil's tower but the king was too stubborn to listen. He was still angry with her for what she did. His sister not only courted a peasant from human world but also had audacity to challenge him that she would destroy all his plans just to keep that worthless human alive. She was a disgrace and she knew nothing about loyalty.

Namjoon will gladly renounce her position as the princess and exile her along with that filthy human but he couldn't. She was an important pawn in his game. He got the news that human king Hoseok already took his interest in her. Therefore he couldn't simply remove her like he wished. He didn't have any other family members or close relatives to replace her position either.

When he carefully planned everything he chose Isabella to marry the king not only because she is an important character in royal family who would catch the king's fancy easily, but also Namjoon hoped that Isabella would remain faithful to him in his game. After all they were siblings, let alone twins. This betrayal was something he never expected from his calm and peaceful sister. So he naturally believed that the human who claimed to be in love with her was the one behind her change. One thing king Namjoon never understood was that his sister was fed up with his self-centered judgement and callous behaviour to an extent where she took it upon herself to change the world into a better place.

 One thing king Namjoon never understood was that his sister was fed up with his self-centered judgement and callous behaviour to an extent where she took it upon herself to change the world into a better place

Days changed into weeks and before Isabella could think, it was already spring. The piles of snow melted into puddles of muddy waters and the whole forest glowed in green. Beautiful flowers bloomed everywhere and the gloomy atmosphere of the city of Ava was replaced with the flourishing scent of wildflowers.

Even if Isabella watched the fascinating change from her window, but she couldn't bring herself to appreciate the beauty of the world. The clock was ticking and second by second she was reaching the day of her wedding but she was still locked helplessly in a deserted tower. She couldn't contact anyone other than Taehyung who often only brought depressing news of his failed attempts to get her out. Most of her nights were restless, spent with pacing back and forth while thinking about a plan to stop Namjoon.

As for our young king Namjoon, he was busy with carefully planning his attack. He couldn't take a risk again. His days would have gone pretty well compared with his sister if a certain young viscount hadn't kept arguing with him about getting his friend out of her prison.

Out of all of them, the person who was going through his worst days was none other than Seokjin. He was lost and lonely, back in the beginning or even worse. The depressed young lad didn't even understand the change of day and night. He locked himself in his little cottage which didn't feel warm anymore. His long nights were soaked with tears and whenever he closed his eyes to get some sleep, only thing flashed in front of his tired eyes was Isabella's plangent face when he asked her to leave him. He seriously regretted his decision but the little voice at the back of his mind kept telling him that it's for the best.

 He seriously regretted his decision but the little voice at the back of his mind kept telling him that it's for the best