Chapter 17 - Little Brother and White Owl

A shadow on his wall and sound of flapping wings woke Seokjin up. He hardly opened his eyes to look at the high window. There was a white figure behind the window, a white figure with wings.

"Isabella?" He called it, but his voice was barely a whisper.

The white bird flew easily through the bars and landed on the dirty floor breaking Seokjin's fragile hopes, it was not a dove. It was an owl.

Seokjin watched in awe when the glamorous white owl turned into a man's figure. He was wearing a thick white cloak with his head safely hidden in its hood.

"W-who are you?" Seokjin muttered weakly with his eyes threatening to close in any second.

"I'm a friend." The tall figure replied with a husky voice which held a hint of pity on it.

Seokjin sighed. As far as he knew he didn't had any friends other than Sera. But it wasn't right time to question his guest's motives when he can barely sit up.

Only gifted by his silence, the man in white continued to talk again. "I will get you out of this but I need you to be honest with me."

Seokjin looked up.

The stranger spoke again. "What were you doing here in the land of Ava?"

Seokjin thought for a minute in order to find a safe reply. "I was searching for someone."

The man in white sighed deeply. "You shouldn't have done it."

Seokjin looked up at his hidden face with anger. "I'm doing what I want."

The guest bit his full lower lip at his reply. He was clearly losing his patience with Seokjin.

"You just put both of you in trouble. Now Isabella will have to pay for the spell she casted on you."

Seokjin's eyes widened in fear. There was someone else who knew their relationship, someone else who knew that Isabella was breaking the law.

"Ho-how did you know? I.." Seokjin stuttered.

"Don't worry. I'm not going to tell anyone about the relationship between you and her. I just wanted to see whether you have really done something wrong. I'll try to take you out before Namjoon kills you. But I want time. Bear with this until then. I want you to never tell anything about her to Namjoon, no matter how they torture you. Do you understand?"

Seokjin nodded. He could do that. He would never betray her even if it costs his life.

"Good then." After getting the confirmation he wanted, the man in white turned to leave.

"Wait." Seokjin called him with the all strength left in him making the man stop in his tracks.

"How is she?"

The stranger sighed. "She is fine. She may not be able to meet you for a while. Nevertheless she is fine." With that he turned into the white owl again and flew out of the window leaving him alone.

Seokjin looked back at his dirty damp floor to find out there was bread and water neatly placed on a metal tray where his guest stood a few seconds ago.

Isabella met Jungkook next morning. He was a nice boy with large brown doe eyes and a smile which reminded her of a bunny. She instantly grew fond of him. They were sitting in one of the highest towers of the castle. Jungkook brought her there to show the beauty of the city of Fendrel which she found amazing.

"I just forgot you may be used to seeing this kind of views since you.. erm.. fly.." He trailed off embarrassed of himself for not thinking before talking.

Isabella laughed. "I do. But I find this view more amazing than all of the things I have seen." She looked at the young boy with a smile. "Thank you Jungkook."

His round cheeks went red. "Ah it's not a big deal." He was blushing like tomato which Isabella found cute. "I thought fresh wind and the view will help. You seem down."

"Ah.." Isabella looked down.

"Is something wrong with my brother? You don't like him?" He asked with concern.

"No!" Isabella quickly denied. "I really like your brother. He is a really good man."

"I know. He is very responsible and thinks a lot before a decision. I was really surprised when he accepted the marriage."

"Why is that? Because I'm not human?" Isabella asked out of curiosity.

"God! No!"

"Then?"

"He thinks about everyone before himself. Marriage was never on top of his priorities."

"Ah.. I see.. But he really treated me very well."

Jungkook softly smiled at that. "I saw it. The way he looks at you. He really likes you."

Isabella was surprised by the information but decided to laugh it off. "We just met two days before.."

Jungkook nodded. "I know. But I can already see it." Then he looked at the horizon with a sigh. "Sister, will you promise me something?"

He already started calling her sister which made her feel happy like an excited child who got a candy.

"What is it?"

"Will you promise me that you will take care of my brother forever?"

That was exactly what she was planning to do. So she replied with a smile. "I promise you brother."

Jungkook beamed her with a big smile just like his brother.

After a minute he spoke again. "So you didn't tell me what was bothering you. You don't feel comfortable in Fendrel? I know sometimes it can be-"

"No Jungkook. I like everything I've seen so far about Fendrel. Its just that I have this uncomfortable feeling in my stomach since last evening. I couldn't even sleep last night because of it."

"What kind of feeling sister?"

"The feeling like something's bad happening out there. I don't know." Isabella looked down at her hands.

Jungkook took her soft hands in his.

"I'm sure everything will be alright."