Chapter 10 - That Winter

Autumn changed into winter in a blink of an eye inviting terrible snowstorms into the quiet village. The thick coat of snow covering the whole valley reminded Seokjin of Sera's soft feathers.

The unforgiving weather grew colder and colder day by day, but the growing spark between the two restless hearts was live and indulgent. It illuminated their souls with a soft glow, soothed them with a warm smile. Seokjin and Isabella were both lost and lonely, were reluctant to reach out for each other at first. But time flows making changes in hearts. Soon they found themselves searching the warmth in each other's embrace, admiring the little details in each other's eyes, finding the lost pieces of their souls in each other's smile.

For once again in his lifetime, Seokjin got to experience how love feels like. He was addicted to the way how his heart skipped a beat every morning when he opened his door to find her angelic face smiling at him, or how they sat next to each other in front of the fireplace with a beer in hand and talk about their dreams. He would forever savour the way her soft pink lips danced on his. The once lonely life was pushed to the back of his mind like a distant nightmare. Oh boy, he never imagined it would come back haunting him like a boomerang.

As for Isabella, the merciless weather didn't stop her from flying to see the man she had grown so attached to. In fact it became her daily routine. She considered herself as the luckiest woman in the world to be blessed with the kindest man the God could ever come up with. She was mesmerized by him, how the corners of his lips would crinkle when he laughs, how his eyes would sparkle when he greets her good morning, how he would whisper in her ear that he loved her. Somewhere between the lines, she learnt how to love and cherish sweet memories of love. Far from her family, she found home between his arms.

If Seokjin had known that Avisians' powers drastically diminish in the cold season and grow back again in warmer season, he would have stopped her from flying all the way back and forth between two kingdoms. But no; he didn't know any better and she didn't bother to tell him either. Namjoon being the egotistic person he was, happily accepted the fact that his rebellious sister was fine with acting along with his plan and let her live her own life, not bothering to shower her with fake affection which granted her with freedom for the whole winter.

The only person who was at unease was Taehyung. He lived in a misery watching the sole person he adored most making a house of cards and trapping herself in it. The constant fear of seeing her in a heartbreak bugged him day and night, but he didn't dare say a word knowing that Isabella is having the happiest time in her life. He silently watched how she would talk hours and hours about love of her life, how she would smile more, how she would grow more beautiful day by day. So he promised himself that he would do everything in his capability to keep her safe and happy forever.

 So he promised himself that he would do everything in his capability to keep her safe and happy forever

"I still can't believe that I'm granting your wish. I feel like a genie." Isabella said, giggling like a excited teen.

She was cuddling with Seokjin on a comfy blanket in front of the fireplace. She was listening to his calming heartbeat with her head comfortably settled on his broad chest, pillows scattered around.

"What wish my precious?" Seokjin asked, playing with her midnight black curls.

"You wished to cuddle with your wife in front of the fireplace in the snowstorm. Remember? Well I'm not your wife, yet. But I can relate." She answered with a smile.

Seokjin blinked. "That wish."

"Yes. That wish."

All of a sudden in a one swift movement, he changed their positions, now Isabella laying on her back and Seokjin kneeling, imprisoning her petite body between his long legs and two hands. He smirked down at her, his handsome face dangerously close to hers.

"Well then my precious. How about you granting my second wish too?"

"Y-your second?" Isabella mumbled suddenly feeling herself draining out of energy, feeling herself becoming into a puddle of emotions under his playful gaze.

"You remember my second wish about children running around my home. Right love?" He asked nonchalantly, internally screaming at the sight of blush creeping in her soft cheeks.

Her ebony eyes widened like saucers with mouth agape like a fish. Seokjin almost scooped the adorable creature in his arms.

"J-Jin.." she stuttered. It felt like air left her lungs making her suddenly forget everything; everything but him. To make it worse he bent down and tucked a stray curl behind her ear to clear his way, his soft hand lingering above her cheek and teasing it. She felt blood rushing to her ears. Her heartbeat quickened and it felt like drums in her ears. It was so loud that she was sure that he could hear it too, especially with the close proximity between them.

Seokjin slowly lessened the gap between them, now his full lips closely hovering above hers. His hot breath fanned her cheek like a summer wind. His cinnamon scent invaded her senses like a drug. She thought her heart would explode at anytime with this lovely torture. Butterflies flying in her stomach not helping with the situation either.

He stayed there for a long minute savouring the moment. With one quick peck on her honey lips he straightened up and extended a hand to help her sit up, chuckling at her.

"You are really adorable when teased my precious."

Isabella glared at him, a mixture of relief and disappointment in her eyes.

"Pervert!" With that, she stared hitting his chest with the closest pillow she could find.