Chapter 2 - Sera

Next morning he walked again to the stream, with the hope of meeting the gorgeous creature again dancing in the back of his mind. His usual hum turning into a passionate song by the time he reached the stream. The crystal clear water flowing-

There she was.

Resting her elegant features on a lower branch this time. Seokjin couldn't help but think that she looked happy seeing him, almost like she waited there especially to meet him. A smile creeping into his face with the thought.

"Good morning gorgeous. We met again."

Her honey voice replied something he could not understand. He poured water as usual and turned to go. "Don't forget what I said yesterday. Be careful."

Seokjin walked for few minutes and turned back again after hearing the sound of flipping wings, only to find out that the enchanting creature was following him.

"Are you following me little one?"

His question was answered with silence and a cute tilt of her soft head.

"Well.. of course I don't mind company."

Seokjin almost thought that she smiled. But he turned around and started walking again pushing away the bubbly feeling in the pit of his stomach. By the time he reached his cottage, he was surprised to find himself comfortably talking with his new companion.

"So this is where I live. Not a big place but enough for me."

The large dove settled herself on his peach tree and eagerly observed his humble home upon hearing his words. Seokjin went inside and placed the water buckets in the kitchen fully aware of the pair of curious black eyes watching his every move through the window. Minutes later he came out again.

"Here.. It's for you." He addressed her extending his hand with a handful of grains resting on it. But for his dismay, the creature looked unsure about approaching the man.

"Don't be afraid. It's rye. You'll like it and I don't want to harm you." Seokjin softly said not wanting to frighten the beautiful bird. But she stood there calculating the pros and cons of approaching the man she just met yesterday. He waited for few minutes before understanding that she might feel unsecure about reaching his hand and carefully placed the handful of rye on the green grass below the peach tree.

"There little one.. you can eat it. I'm not even going to stay close." He said taking few careful steps back to his kitchen door still watching her movements.

When she felt that environment is safe and sound, she swiftly landed onto the grass and started eating the delicious meal offered by the kind gentleman. Seokjin stood at his doorstep happily watching the scene in front of him. After finishing the delicious meal she offered him a long glance and flew back to the forest where she belonged.

The same routine was repeated for the next few days, her waiting for Seokjin at the stream, following him back to the cottage and eating whatever sweet meal he offers

The same routine was repeated for the next few days, her waiting for Seokjin at the stream, following him back to the cottage and eating whatever sweet meal he offers. He happily noted that she liked to spend few hours of her time on his peach tree without returning back to the forest soon after meal. At the times like that he would calmly sit at his doorstep and tell her interesting stories about his grandfather or about his growing crops or anything in between.

Seokjin being the kindest man alive, eventually gained her trust and by the tenth day she would comfortably sit on his shoulder while he takes care of his flowers or reads his favourite book under his beloved peach tree.

"I honestly never thought we would be so close like this." He said her one day. "You know, this life seems really calm but sometimes the fact that I'm lacking in so many things hits me hard." She turned to him, confusion swirling in her bright eyes.

"Like.. sometimes I feel so lonely knowing that no one is here for me. I too want to cuddle up with a beautiful kind wife, whispering sweet things in her ear in front of the fireplace when the snowstorm hits. Or see our little children running everywhere in my house with smiles on their faces.." He smiled to himself. "A girl and a boy.."

Upon hearing his words she stood up from the sitting position on his lap and carefully moved to his shoulder resting her little head on his soft cheek as if she understood his feelings. Seokjin felt a tingling sensation of warmth spreading through his body. He sighed.

"You might be feeling the same. Do you little one? Are you lonely like me? I wish you could tell me your story.." Her honey voice replied something, golden beak tickling his ear. Seokjin chuckled.

"Since we are friends now, I can't keep calling you 'little one'. Can I? You need a name." She looked up at him, eyes excited. After thinking for a minute he smiled with victory.

"How about Sera? It is a nice name and she is a princess from a story my grandfather used to tell me when I was young. Her name means 'the winged angel'. Isn't it the most suitable name for you gorgeous?" When he looked at her, those enchanting black eyes sparkled with joy and she nodded her head in approval.

That's how Sera became a part of Seokjin's life.