52 || WISH ME LUCK?

"Harry, I don't even know what I'm wearing." I say. Harry and I had been on the phone for the past hour. He was at his home filled with stylists and whatnot, getting ready for tonight for the award show he had to be at.

All the while, I was home having a mental breakdown about what I was going to find in under six hours. "No pressure, but it is televised." He says, only amounting to my rising stress.

"Well, I guess I'm not going then." I say, slumping down on my bed. I hear Harry talk to someone on his end.

"Don't you worry about that, just worry about getting ready." He says making me sigh and nod. "I'll pick you up, be ready. I've got to go." He says before he ends the call.

I guess I'll have to wear a dress I've already worn before, I mean it's not like I have the money or the time to go out and buy a new dress. And so I get ready, straightening my hair as much as I could before I apply soft makeup.

After I finish applying a red lipstick, my doorbell rings and when I go downstairs to answer the door, a woman in a commercial suit looks around while holding a bag in her hands.

"Yes?" I say unsure.

"Let's get started, shall we?" She invites herself in making me furrow my eyebrows. "Where do you want to do this?"

"I'm sorry, who are you?" I say, not meaning to sound rude.

"Mr. Styles stylist. He has sent me to help you try on this dress for tonight." She says and takes a beautiful white strapless dress out of its bag.

"Harry sent you?" I ask, reaching for the dress but she simply snatched it back.

"You've got makeup on your fingers and this is a white dress. Unless you have ten thousand dollars to pay for this dress I suggest you wash your hands before you wear it." She remarks, taking me aback but do as she says.

As she helps me in it, the door rings again but before I can call out to see who it is, Harry let's himself in. He's wearing an all black suit with his chest out in the open, revealing the sparrow tattoos.

"Done." The lady says as she zips me up. "We also have jewelry, would you care to see it?"

"Is it worth more than this dress, cause if so no thank you." I joke but she seems to find no amusement to it. Harry suppresses a laugh before the lady hands him a paper.

"Thanks, Joan. We'll stay in contact." He nods at her and she walks away. Once she's out of sight, I twirl to allow Harry to see the whole outfit.

His eyes rake up and down my body and I grin at him, making his eyebrows raise and his bottom lip to tuck in between his teeth, forming a small smirk. "What do you think?" I ask, straightening out the dress with my hands.

"I think no matter what you wear, it'll fit like a glove." He says and my cheeks burn up in a way in which I want to slap myself and him for making that sneaky remark.

Our stare lingers and when I think it's gone too long, I take in a breath and back up. "Should we go?" I ask, almost breaking Harry out of a trance. He nods and gives me a smile before we both leave my apartment.

-

"...Thank you so much for allowing me to be up here, it's an honor to know my music has touched you in a way." I turn my attention from the stage to Harry beside me who was either faking to pay attention or was sleeping with his eyes wide open.

"You know, I always imagined award shows to be fun and full of champagne and with great food." I comment and Harry suppresses a laugh. "Are you actually entertained?"