42 || HARRY AND I ARE NOT SOULMATES

"Holy shit." I hear Alice say from behind me. I was currently filling up the coffee maker at work, replacing the old filter and putting in a new one.

I turn around, watching as she looks at her phone. "What have I told you about that?" I say. "If Morris catches you again, he's going to think I'm not helping you do the work!" I scold.

"Oh, relax." She rolls her eyes. "Dad won't catch me. He's running his other business all the way across town. Anyway, onto the important news; Harry is getting married!"

I had forgotten she was a fan. I escaped my chaotic mother and Harry's to not listen to anymore of this marriage thing. "It's not going to last." She adds, snapping me out of it.

"Why do you say that?" I ask, cleaning the counter.

"Have you forgotten we live upstairs?" She says making me stop, and when I turn, she holds a devilish grin.

Fucking hell.

"Were you -"

"Here? Of course." She confirms making my stomach drop.

"Why!"

Alice shrugs. "The WiFi isn't the best upstairs, I get the most out of it down here. I was back there." She points to the office in the back. "The cameras were on, as always and then I just saw you two walking in here."

This is a fucking nightmare. "Alice -"

"Honestly, I was so ready to watch your sex tape. But then when you both pulled away? Bummer." My eyes widen at this.

"Okay, first of all - he's like a brother to me."

"Well then it's a good thing you don't have one." She retorts making me glare. "That's not the point though, I say they won't last because even I was shocked to see you two kiss. You've known him all your life, how long has Kendall known him? A year? When you kissed, I swear I saw hearts over your heads. It's so obvious to me now."

"What is?" I reply, getting annoyed by her intrusiveness.

"You guys are soulmates!"

"You weren't even supposed to see that! Harry and I are not soulmates, we're best friends. I've got Ben." I say, remembering Ben.

"Right. The American. He's cute, definitely not Harry though. And if you were smart enough, you'd see Harry is jealous of him. You think he doesn't like him because he's some guy and Harry's your best friend - but in reality, he's jealous." I stop any movement at this.

I have been wondering the same. He's never liked any guy I dated, and him being with Kendall has had me on the edge of jealousy. "You think?" I say.

"Duh," Alice remarks. "You need to stop that wedding, cause if you don't you could kiss the love of your life goodbye."

"You're being delusional. I'm with Ben." Not really but I was seeing Ben, it just isn't official yet. Alice rolls her eyes. "Say what you want, Ben is good to me and there's a chance that I can make it work with him. I like him."

"Whatever you say, babes." She sighs, looking back down onto her phone.

"Also," I add. "Harry is not the love of my life. I know too much about him and what he's done when we were kids that give me reasons not to ever want to be with him." I admit.

If his fans knew everything I did, they'd think the same.

"All I'm saying is, that's not what it looked like." She smirks.

"When?" I cross my arms. "When you were spying on us from the security camera?" Alice nods at this making me roll my eyes and walk away to unlock the front door.