20 || CONGRATULATIONS, YOU'RE MARRYING A NARCISSIST.

"You're an idiot." I laugh as Harry drowns the last bit of coffee he had on his mug. We stayed up all night talking about things we've been missing out from each other's life the past few years, and all I'm hearing is drunk stories from Harry's glamorous life.

"I was pretty drunk." He chuckles. "I've had my share of drunken mishaps, but how about you on that night of our prom?" He smirks making me furrow my eyebrows.

"Harry, you're talking to the person who was in the hospital from a possible alcohol poisoning the morning of our prom night. I don't remember a single thing about it." I laugh, taking a sip from my coffee. "Why? What did I do?"

He seems hesitant for a while before looking down and chuckling. "Nothing, you just - you had chucked your phone out the window on our way to the hospital that night. You mumbled something about Airplane Mode and when I told you no, you had sent it off." He laughs making me cover my face in embarrassment.

"Really?"

He nods, playing with the rings on his fingers. "I had to literally stop the car and get it."

"How come I've never heard of this one before?" I ask, sitting on my legs on the couch.

"Well, I sort of had a lot of things going for me the last couple of weeks before leaving to New York." He shrugs. "And then everything got so crazy from there, I just couldn't find a time to tell you. Can you believe how stupid we were?"

"Yeah, I can actually." I laugh making him grin. He checks his watch.

"It's 6:05." He rasps, his voice was raspy with sleep he didn't get. "Where's Evan?" He asks, getting his name wrong on purpose, his face looking like he could care less.

"Ethan." I correct. "He's away for the weekend on a business trip." I yawn. "Don't ask me where, because I have no idea what he does for a living."

He laughs. "Probably underwear modeling."

"Ew." I scrunch my nose. "Why do you say that?"

"Come on Kate, the bloke's obsessed with himself. Tell me you don't see that?"

"Well, he does stare at himself too long in the mirror." I admit making him make a face. "In fact, he uses far more beauty products than I do now that I think about it."

"Congratulations, you're marrying a narcissist."

"Aren't you one to talk." I mock. "You stare at yourself all the time!"

"Yeah, but I mean I don't get hard just thinking about my pectorals and perfect abs." He rolls his eyes.

"Pectorals." I giggle while repeating the word in my head making it lose all its meaning and just sound like some weird word I made up.

"You obviously need some sleep." Harry says beginning to stand up.

"Where are you going?" I pout making him chuckle and poke my bottom lip back in.

"I think I'm going to go home." He says making me stand up.

"Nooo." I drag out. I really didn't want him to leave, it was as if we never had time for each other anymore. He's about to speak before the door opens to reveal Ethan in his work suit making Harry turn to the door.

"Good morning." Ethan says. Harry nods to him before turning to me.

"I'll see you later, okay?" Harry tells me.

"I work today again." I pout making him do the same.

"Well, I'll come visit you at work. I don't go back to New York until next week." I nod with a smile making him grin.

"Harry." Ethan says as Harry walks towards the door.

"Ernie." Harry mocks again making me hold in my giggle.

"Very mature." Ethan says as he closes the door as soon as Harry walks out. "Care to explain?"

"What? I can't see my best friend?" I raise a brow and pick up the mugs from the coffee table before taking them to the sink.

"I just want to remind you that we get married in no less than a month." Ethan says, fixing his messy hair.

"Okay? What's that supposed to mean?" I raise my eyebrows. He turns to me.

"Come on babe," He says. "You guys are way too close to be best friends. If I didn't know any better I'd think there was something there."

"Are you hearing what you're saying? Harry and I have been best friends since we began to walk and talk."

"I don't know, it's kind of shady. Especially since it's 6 in the morning and you're up and sitting rather close to each other." What a fucking hypocrite.

Maybe he's forgetting that he was the one who cheated on me a year ago. I decide not to start a fight.

"Insecurity isn't cute, Ethan. Harry is my best friend, there's nothing more to it." I shrug, giving him a fake smile before walking upstairs to the room.