38 || WTF

"We're not even supposed to be here." I say as I watch Harry pour coffee in both mugs before he brings them to the table. Harry grabs a packet of cookies from the rack on the wall making me point at him.

"I'm paying for it." He says as if reading my mind. "Anyway, hows school?"

Not this topic again. "I'm quitting." I say whilst looking down at my mug. I hear Harry stop fumbling with the packet of cookies and I don't have to look up to know he was looking at me.

"What?" He says in disbelief. "But - that's what you always wanted?"

"I realized that it was what my dad wanted for me. It became clear to me when it stopped being fun and it felt forced, almost as if I had to."

"Are you sure that's what you're going to do? Will you live with yourself?"

"I'm sure it will. I mean I wasn't happy doing it anymore. Quite frankly, I should've stopped before that way I wouldn't have met Ethan." I roll my eyes making him nod.

"I knew I was right to never like him. He says, taking a sip from his mug before setting it down. "Okay, change of subject. You and -"

"Shit, Ben!" I say, slapping my forehead as I realize I left without telling him.

Harry furrows his brows. "He'll be fine." Harry waves me off as he figures out we left him behind. "As I was saying."

"Why do you want to know?"

"I can't?"

"No, you're so nosey." I retort making him laugh. "So how's your engagement going?"

He sighs. "It's fine, I guess. She wants to have the wedding before the Victoria Secret Fashion Show."

"Oh?" I say. "When is that?" I never really watched those things. In fact, I never really watch TV unless I'm watching movies and that's rare.

"February 5th." He says making me choke on my coffee. "I know."

"Why so soon?" I ask making him sigh.

"Um, just because she's going to be extremely busy after the show and I start tour in June." She shrugs, rubbing his eyes.

"But then you guys won't see each other, and then what'll be the point of being married?"

"I guess she just wants to have that reassurance that she has me there, officially." He looked stressed. Harry was never one to be in a relationship that lasted for than two weeks when we were younger, even when he began his game he'd be seen with different women.

"That sounds like she's trapping you. You know? Like when a girl gets pregnant and that'll keep the guy from leaving? Well, it's like that."

"Please, don't talk about babies. I get married in a month and a half, I don't want to have a whole family at only 25, I'm not ready for that." He groans making me hold back my giggle that I forget for a second that I was mad at him.

"Why don't you talk to her about it?" I ask as he reaches for my hand and plays with my bracelet. "Tell her that it's moving too fast."

"I don't know, she has a short temper and she's quite moody. I'm getting a headache just thinking about it." He says. I sigh as I put my chair next to his before grabbing his head and putting it on my shoulder.

"You seem miserable, and you will be it until you do something." I say making him snuggle his head on the crook of my neck. My hand goes up to his hair as I caress it, my fingers creating paths on his scalp making him hum.

"I really missed you." He says after a while of just being silent. I feel his arms snake over my waist before he looked up to me.

"I missed you too. I'd say I was miserable like you but I've had Ben there for me." I smile making him roll his eyes jokingly. "Will you ever like any guy I'm affiliated with?"

"No, none of them are worthy of you. I was right with that last one, what was his name? Carl."

"I think so," I joke making him chuckle. "Ben is different though."

"You guys aren't dating."

"What makes you say that?"

"Please, you look like brother and sister." He says making me roll my eyes at him. When I look back to him, he has a small smile on his face and before I am able to ask him to stop staring, his lips collide with mine taking me aback.

What. The. Fuck.

His lips feel warm and right against mine and I find myself kissing him back before I am brought back to reality and I'm pulling away.

"What the hell was that?" I ask, my hand covering my lips as if I had said a profanity in front of the priest.

"Fuck. I don't know, I'm sorry I don't know why I did that." Harry says, reality hitting him harder than it probably hit me. He had someone while I stayed there in disbelief.

He's my best friend! We grew up together that he's practically my brother!

"Shit." I say, passing a hand through my hair. This made that dream I had of Harry and I come back, a long with every other thought I've had since then.

Was this what it was leading to? They had to be warnings.

"Fucking hell," he freaks. "Did I just cheat? And with my best friend? Oh, bloody fuck. I've been so stressed with all this marriage shit and now this happens!"

"Harry, it's okay." I lie. "Calm down! No one will know, alright?"

"I've never cheated before." He says. "I knew it was a bad idea coming here."

"Hey!" I snap my fingers in his face making him turn to me. "Let's just forget about it, okay? Let's not talk about this. Just, can you drive me home? Because I feel like I need a whole fucking bath after this."

"Great idea, so do I." He says, grabbing his keys making me follow after.

"I feel like I've just kissed my brother." I shiver.

Harry gags. "Please don't say that ever again."