Chapter Twenty Three

AMINATU'S POV

He walked passed us and stopped a little while to look at Abubakar who was few steps ahead of us.

He slapped him and pushed him to the wall and that caught all our attention. Mariya was also with Abubakar and she cried her heart out warning him not to ever think of hurting them again.

The policemen saperated them and I hugged Mama in a tight hug thinking about the consequences we might all face if the authority is against us.

Uncle approached Mama and asked us if we had a lawyer that would stand for us and for Abubakar and his sister.

"Yes we have", Mariya answered and that was when we realised her attention was with us.

"I have, my H.O.D in school promised to stand for us when we need him. He promised he would help us", she added and We all turned to look at her.

It is okey, it is going to be alright Mariya. Komai zai zo karshe inshaa Allahu. I said clearing the last drop of tears lying on her cheeks.

"But I have a problem Aminatu, I have to talk to my husband about it. He have to know everything about it, she added.

You do not have to worry. My mum got you covered. I replied her.

 I turned to Abubakar who joined us in the gist and looked at him. "Please Abubakar let her husband know about this. Her husband is against her school but not her family affairs, please let him know", I pleaded.

They all nodded as we approached Mama and Uncle.

Uncle became speechless all of a sudden and we all turned to look at Khalid exchanging pleasantaries with the police commissioner whom we had no idea he was around.

He approached us with a wicked smile and made his way to the car. We were all shocked and just had to turn and looked at him.

AUTHOR'S POV

The commissioner called Aminatu's uncle to discussed one or two things with him. He warned him to dismiss the case and never engage in anything that have to do with Mr. Khalid.

Aminatu's uncle became devastated and deep inside him he just wanted to go to the tip of the matter because he knows that people like Khalid do not relent easily and they are never too easy to walk on.

He came out with the commissioner and escorted him to the car and the look on his face made them sensed something was not right at all.

"Uncle what happened"? Aminatu asked.

You all need to go home. I am not in the mood to talk, I will come and meet you all to discuss one or two things. I changed the other woman's hospital and made it unknown to anyone.

"Here is the address", he said handing them a piece of paper and putting on a fake smile.

AMINATU'S POV

Something strange had happened and I just had to follow uncle with my eye as he made his way to the office.

I suddenly remembered maman Zainab when he brought up her topic and we just had to go and visit her to see how she was responding to treatment.

"Mama please lets go and meet maman Zainab", I said.

Mama nodded, and Abubakar volunteered to go with us leaving Mariya with no option than to follow us to do hospital.

I heared her talk to her husband on phone and telling him that she would be going to hospital with us. I could sensed the fear that was all over her.