Chapter nine

AMINATU'S POV

Since when I visited his mum he told me to stop coming to work till after our wedding. He always stop over from his work. Mama got use to his presence all the time and she finally blessed our relationship. Though she always confront me with ongoing rumours, but no one is above accusations.

As usual an anonymous message came in:

Hi dazzling angel. You are actually better than you think, incase you dont know, you deserve someone better than Khalid Muhammad Al-hassan, someone more responsible than him.

Your Admirer xoxo

"Ikon Allah, wasu rashin aikin yi ya musu yawa a rayuwa wallahi", I said as I checked the message that came in.

But what is it about Mr. Khalid I do not know? I am his secretary for Goodness sake. He had a monstrous look when we first met, but he is charming and jovial afterwards. Besides I believe no matter what if there is money everything will fall into place and my level of tolerance in marriage will be a little bit high.

I hissed and called my friend right away. "Samira turomin account number dinki in tura miki kudin hajiya saude, make sure you added alot of things to spice up the first night".

''Yar iska kudin ne ya miki yawa, jiya fa kika turo 150k na kayan gyaran jiki". She replied, We are use to calling ourselves all sort of names.

I laughed so hard, ban manta ba, I replied. He added more money to the wedding preparation that is why I called you. Anyways you can keep 150k then use what I will send now.

"I was totally broke kuwa". Aminatu dont you think this man is spending alot on you"? Samira asked.

I laughed so hard. Alot ke!? Kudi basu yawa. You know how weddings are because you have been in one before.
She sighed and we said our goodbyes and dropped the call.

************************************

Samira came in the next day with my marital goodies, I noticed she was not as cheerful as she is always.

"Samira I wanted surprising you, after a long family debate with my uncles my wedding date has been fix. It is seven weeks away from now".

Allah ya bada zaman lafiya was all she said.

What the hell?!, babe wai meke damunki ne. In na samu kudin nan fa kamar ke ne kika samu. It seems you are not happy with the progress or someone else annoyed you before coming, I replied looking all shocked.

"Not really, I am down with fever and I really have to go. I will call you when I reach home". She dropped the big bag and made her exit.

I followed her with my eyes. I have known her for ages, I dont know why she changed all of a sudden.

Trust me, I have a count down calender and it was remaining 4 weeks, exactly a month away to the wedding. Samira seems less interested and I ignored her in most of the things. Mama and some of my cousins help me with the preparations.
Thousands of thoughts cross my mind everyday. I am supposed to be happy because am getting married but am actually feeling the opposite of everything. Mama kept asking if I am sure I want to marry him after the rumour about him, and the unknown number kept sending messages.

Sometimes I feel like given up, but again it is hard to find someone like him that will uplift you high above your poverty level.

I need someone who doesnt really know the whole situation to give me advice and My bestfriend deserted me when I needed her most.

As usual a message came in:

Aminatu we really need to talk about khalid, he is dangerous.

I laughed and replied:

Thank you Mr. Man but you are more dangerous. Stop interfering with what God has joined together and get a life.

***********************************

Its been one week away to the wedding. Mr Khalids relatives brought in series of boxes for the ''lefe". Everyone was surprised and I was considered to be lucky. The women avoided everything about his family issues.

We stopped seeing each other 2weeks to the wedding, we only communicate on phone.

Its been a day to the wedding, the house was full with people all over the place. We had "sa lalle" in the morning and the walima was set to be in the evening when a message came in:

Aminatu this is Khalids friend, there is a parcel for you. He said I should make sure I delivered to you one on one.

I laughed at my screen. Collected a nikab from a relative and went outside the gate. I approached a car and before I could realise anything I was pulled inside with full force with my hands and eyes tied strongly and my mouth covered with a piece of cloth.

Lets all meet in the next chapter. Please I need you to vote to encourage me update on time.

Aminatu is kidnapped and there is more to the story. Follow up to the next chapter.

Much love munarii