Chapter eighth

AMINATU'S POV

We entered the parlor and saw an old lady sitting on one of the couch in the living room. Her eyes went down from our face to our hands, our entwined fingers. I slowly pulled my hands away and looked down at the floor.

"Khalid ina da magana da kai, mu shiga ciki". She said as she gave me the deadliest look ever.

"We can talk here Mama, he replied. Aminatu this is my mum. Mama this is Aminatu. she is the lady am getting married to, you have to get use to seeing her around. And again inform the elders that wedding is going to hold as soon as possible".

What?! We both exclaimed looking at each other. I felt a sting cutting my soul deep. His Mom sat back and looked at me again.

Aure fa kace Khalid, ina kai ina aure Khalid. Ko jiyan nan fa anan ka kawo wata..............

Ppppasss!!! He slapped her. I won't let you downgrade me in her presence Mama, I have had enough already. Why are you trying to spoil my day.....

I had tears in my eye and I left the house immediately, I couldn't withstand him slapping his Mom right in front of me. But maybe they had a little misunderstanding before he left to work, or maybe she is not his biological mother, maybe she is one of those arrogant annoying step mothers.

I had thousand of thoughts running through my mind as I reached the gate. The securities opened the gate but I was reluctant to go out. My Money God will think I am already fed up with the relationship because of what happened earlier, He will think I am not strong to handle his family issues, He will think I am a coward and a non-wife material.

Of cause I had a leg inside the compound. Sunan wani abu wai shi; "ga samu ga rashi"..... lol.

"Hayatee I am so sorry we need to go back inside", his soft hands tapped me on the shoulders.

"Are you sure about it? What about your Mom"? I asked

Dont worry about her, we have sorted it out. I followed him feeling a little bit relieved. We entered the living room, this time around she was not there and we made ourselves upstairs into one of rooms.

"Feel at home hayatee". I smiled and entered the bathroom and performed ablution. He pointed the prayer mat and I prayed.

Am use to seeing my money God missed prayers, so I am not surprised that he did not make any effort of praying. I folded the praying mat, picked my bag and went outside the room.

He followed me immediately and we bumped into his mother. "Ina wuni Mama"?.

She did not respond. I smiled at her and he pulled me and we left the house. This time around there was no music and the car was silent.

"Aminatu I have a very complicated family, you really have to get use to seeing this", He said.

"Ba komai hayat, all families are complicated". In mace tayi aure dole tayi adjusting rayuwar ta, I said.

He nodded and continued driving, but then a text message entered;

Hi angel

It is the same intruder that text you a while back. I can see you mean alot to him and he love you so much. You really need to know who is Khalid.

"Can you kill someone because of money"? He interrupted my thoughts after reading the text from an unknown number.

Sorry what?!

I got you, I am just joking hayatee. He replied before I could say anything.

I smiled and tap his shoulders, "your jokes are sensitive hayat".

"And what if I mean all the jokes", he replied.

"Lol I know you are joking, Mr. Joker of all time", I replied.

He smiled. I turned on the radio, and closed my eye feeling every part of the moment.

************************************

Helo wattys. Our story continues in the next chapter. Please vote and comment .
Much love, Munarii