Chapter 13

And then it hits me....

I walk to the room where Peeta and I are staying and gently tap on the door. Peeta dosent answer so I guess he's asleep and walk in. Instead of finding him asleep, I find him shaking with tears running down his face.

"Oh my god, Peeta" he continues to sob and turns away from me.

"Peeta, please"

"Katniss....I...I can't .... I just .... Im scared" he admits. That was the first time in a long time that I had to comfort him instead of him comforting me. And I have to admit I realise why he does it so much .... it's breaking my heart to see him like this.

"I know and I only realised now. If you want I can tell Effie that we don't want to do the interviews and we can just go home" I say this while I make my way over to the other side of the bed and lay down next to him.

"No, it's okay. I can handle it. WE can handle it" he says through tears.

"Are you sure? "

"Yeah I guess"

He pulls me in to a hug and for about twenty minutes we just sit here in silence, me listening to his heartbeat, him playing with my hair.

We're interrupted by Effie knocking on the door, telling us that it's time for dinner.

We get up and head towards the dining cart. We sit down at the table and Peeta sits next to me he dosent let go of my hand under the table. Effie I about to say something about proper eating etiquette so I give her a look to say "Not now Effie".

We chat over dinner and no one asks questions about Peeta and I'm grateful.

After dinner Peeta and I go to the cart that we first sat in for the first games. Peeta is still holding my hand and leads me to a chair. He sits down and then pulls me on to his lap.

I curl up on his lap and he wraps me up like a child. We fall asleep like this and when we wake up it's almost noon.