Chapter 9

"Well I never !" Effies high pitched voice fills the room but dosent wake Peeta.

"Effie !" I half sigh with relief and excitement as I gently remove myself from Peetas grip so as not to wake him and give Effie a hug.

"Well dear, it sure looks like you've been healing pretty well"

"Come into the kitchen and I'll explain it all" I laugh.

We go into the kitchen and I examine Effie top to bottom. She notices and tells me that this is her more relaxed look. She is in a skintight blue dress and her heels are bigger than my fingers can stretch and her hair is pinned up in a relaxed yet elegant twist.

"So dear, when did this delightful turn of events happen ?"

I giggle "I'm not really sure.... but Effie can I tell you something ?"

"Of course Katniss, you can tell me anything dear"

"I'm in love with him Effie.... But not 'oh I love you I love you too' sort of love... The sort of love that gives me butterflies when he says my name, the sort of love that I can bearly be without him for more than 2 minutes at a time.... I know this may sound selfish but I was happy Peeta had hi flashback today and I was happy that he needed me .... but to be quite honest I was happy that he feels the same .... or at least I think he does... oh no Effie am I in over my head he might not love me anymore, what has happened to me... I thought he lived me but ....." I babble on.

"Katniss....Katniss...Katniss !" Effie shrieked.

Just then I raise my head to the shadow standing in the doorway. Peeta was standing there with a worried but kind of amused look on his face. How much did he hear ?

"Katniss ? Are you serious ?"

"I'll give you two some alone time" Effie gets up and leaves.

I get up and wash the mugs that Effie and I have been drinking from.

"You'll never know will you ?" Peeta says in a shattered tone of voice.

"I just think I've gotten way in over my head... I know you said you loved me but do you actually LOVE me?"

"Oh my god Katniss... I don't know how else to say this but ...... Yeah ..... I do love you .... more than words can describe really..... everything you said to Effie whether true or not , is exactly how I feel about you..."

"Ok well then I believe you" I say and give him a quick but loving kiss.

"And by the way all that stuff I said to Effie was true" I convince him.

"Katniss ?"

"Yeah ?"

"What was Effie doing here ?"

"Oh my god Peeta I totally forgot to even ask ...." remembering that Effie only ever comes here on Capitol business.

"Well then let's go find her" he chuckles.

We get dressed and head for Haymitch's house ... just out of a lucky guess to find Effie she likes to 'visit' Haymitch to make sure he hasn't drank himself to death.

I open his door and walk in to be greeted by the smell of cooking instead of liquor.

And that's when I see it......