Chapter 7

When we get to the hospital its total chaos. Peeta blacked out twice on the way.

I cried both times. I thought I was loosing him. I would never forgive myself if Peeta died.

It was my fault for leaving him there when I knew he had a bad flashback earlier that day. He wouldn't have been able to defend himself as well with the flashbacks and prosthetic leg.

I sat there in the waiting room just waiting for Peetas doctor to come out. My legs were numb from sitting down for so long and my fingers were sore from biting my nails.

When Peetas doctor finally came out I didn't even notice until I felt Peetas warm hands touch my shoulders.

He was in a wheelchair and had a big bandage around his chest.

"Peeta, thank god your ok"

"Yeah, I'm ... good"

We finished with the doctor and headed home. The doctor said that Peeta refused to tell him how it happened but that the cut wasn't serious enough for "investigation". Ugh doctors!

"So, are you gonna tell me what happened or am I just gonna have to guess." I said while we past the hob.

"Katniss can we wait till we're home at least "

"No Peeta" I stopped walking "I need to know, do you know how worried I was when I realised you still weren't home? When I got to the bakery I almost died when I saw you! This may sound a little selfish but I could barely stand in that hospital waiting for you... Tell me now or we can't do this anymore"

"Okay okay, I was in the bakery preparing your surprise when I saw a picture of my brothers in my keepsake drawer. I immediately got a flashback an I tried to stop it , so I grabbed on the cabinet with the knifes in it and before I knew it.... the cabinet fell on me and the knives fell out and one cut into my chest .... I took it out but before I could call for help I realised my leg was stuck under the cabinet and I couldn't pull it out ... by the time I lifted it from my leg I had lost too much blood to have any energy to get help... and that's when you came ... when I saw you I seriously thought I was going to die right there in front of you ... but I didn't"

He kept his eyes locked on the floor the whole time he was saying it and when he looked up his blue eyes were filled with tears ..... just like mine.

"I'm so sorry Peeta, I didn't don't even see the cabinet when I saw you, I was in shock! "

" It's ok ... you saved me ... lets go home"

"Peeta ?"

"Yeah?"

"Stay with me ?"

"Always"