Chapter 2

I go upstairs to get my hunting boots from my wardrobe. It's been a while since I was hunting so I had to dust them off. I grabbed my fathers hunting jacket and braided my hair.

As I opened the door , the smell of fresh air wafted through the house, masking the smell of must.

I'm careful going down the steps leading to my front door as they are still slippy from the ice.

I try not to look across to Peeta's as I leave Victors Village but it's no use. I look in the window from across the lawn and see Peeta making bread.

He's always baking. Maybe it distracts him. His golden hair is brushed back the same way it was for the Quarter Quell interviews with Caesar.

He's just pulling the freshly baked bread out of the oven when ... Oh no ... he's getting another flashback.

He falls and I hear screaming. I run to his door, Kick it in and run to his side.

"Katniss, get out of here" Peeta pleads.

"No, I'm not leaving you"

"Katniss, leave now"

"No Peeta, this is not real"

"Katniss ! "

"Peeta, this is not real, I love you, Peeta listen to me, I am Katniss Everdeen, you've loved me since you were five, and I love you. I love you Peeta"

Peeta squirms against the wall as I look at him.

He looks me in the eyes and looks like he's lost. His eyes turn back to his beautiful blue.

"You love me ?" He says innocently.

I don't answer him. Instead I just press my lips against his. He's startled at first but then responds. He wraps his arms around my waist holding me tight and I can barely move, but I don't mind. This is the safest I've felt in a long time. I wrap my arm around his neck and hold him close.

When we finally break away we look into each others eyes.

"Stay with me" I say.

"Always" he whispers.