Chapter 10

Or rather see him instead of it.

Gale......

"Hey Catnip" he says in a way too friendly tone for my liking.

I immediately take a step back and hide behind Peetas shoulder. Peeta gives me a look as if to ask if I wanted Gale gone. I just look back at him not needing to say a word. Peeta knew what I wanted.

"Nice to see you again Gale" Peeta says sarcastically.

"Baker boy" Gale nods back.

"Well Gale I don't mean to be rude but what the hell are you doing in Haymitchs house" Peeta says in a serious tone that makes me feel safe.

"Well I came for her" Gale said , pointing to me.

"She has a name" Peeta barks at Gale.

"Ya and SHE can tell me that herself"

"Yes SHE can !" I speak up from behind Peeta.

"Catnip we need to talk" gale urges.

"No first things first my name is Katniss and secondly you need to leave"I say feeling more confident with Peetas arms around my waist.

"You don't belong here anymore Gale ... nobody needs you anymore ... especially me " I order

I feel Peeta chuckle under his breath. I playfully hit him and he tries to stop. I turn back to Gale and give him one last look before he leaves.

"Stop laughing" I giggle at Peeta.

"I.. I'm .. sorry" he laughs "your just so cute when your mad" he pants.

"Well I'm about to get adorable" I say as I crash my lips against his. He's startled at first but then responds and snakes his arms around my waist and pulls me closer. And of course it's interrupted by two people dramatically clearing their throats.

"I told you that they weren't acting" Haymitchs huffs.

"Well , as adorable as you two are we must get going .... we have to keep on schedule" Effie pipes up.

"Wait get going for what" I ask

"For the interview with Ceaser dear... today marks the anniversary of the end of the rebellion" she says in a lower voice.

I look at Peeta and he looks at me. He knows I'm about to cry and tells Effie that we are going home to pack.