Maybe this won't be so bad...

Prompt: When trolls first come to earth and know nothing? Like the government places a troll with families to look after so Dave gets Karkat to watch after.

Submitted by: _fluff_stuck_

Alternate title: In which Dave is forced to help Karkat until it's not really forced anymore.

_________________________________________________________

"Seriously?!" The blond looks down at the letter with a frown. "Why do I have to house a god damn alien?!" After reading some more the human sighs, grabs a coat, and grumbles. "and I've got to get it myself.." 

After arriving at the local city building the blond walks in only to see a few cops guarding the place. One of them walks up to the human, "Your name?" "Dave Strider," He replies. The cop looks down at his list and nods, "Follow me." Dave follows the officer to a back room where there are a bunch of humanoid looking things. They were shaped like humans for the most part but they were grey? They also had long elf ears and horns. Dave let out a breath and the officer showed him to a smaller alien. "This ones yours." Dave nodded. Dave looks the alien up and down. It's chubby but curvy, but not in a feminine way. The alien was definitely male. The alien looks over with a scowl and follows the officer over to Dave. The alien makes a chirping sound and clicks his tongue as Dave leads him out of the building and into the car. The alien sits down in the front seat and buckles after watching Dave. 

 The drive home was awkward to say the least. Once home Dave smiles, "Welcome to my humble home. This is where you'll be living." The alien doesn't respond. Dave's smile disappears and he tries again, this time slower and with hand motions. "Home." He points to the house. The alien gives Dave a look and walks inside. Dave frowns slightly but follows after. The alien sits down on the couch and looks around, almost uncomfortably. Dave walks over and speaks slowly, "Welcome. You live here now." He gives a smile. The alien clicks a little and looks down. "Can you understand me?" The alien nods. "Oh." Dave speaks normally again, "My name is Dave Strider. What's yours?" The alien mumbles. "Pardon?" "Karkat Vantas.." The alien responds in a husky voice. Dave nods. The alien looks up. Dave takes this opportunity to study the alien's face. It's not half bad. In fact it's kinda cute. The alien, or Karkat, has slightly chubby cheeks with freckles covering them. Karkat also has nice lips and pretty grey eyes, with red flecks in them. He's pretty.  Karkat stands up suddenly, looking around frantically. Dave frowns, "Hey hey hey, What's wrong?" Karkat looks at Dave, shaking. "What was that sound?" Dave listens before hearing some screaming from outside. Karkat backs up, looking around. Dave runs over to the alien and slowly reaches towards him. Karkat eyes his hand. The scream happens again. Karkat reaches out and grabs Dave's hand, squeezing it. Dave leads Karkat back to his bedroom. "I don't have quest room or another bed yet so, this is where you'll be sleeping." Dave says, trying to distract the shaking alien. Karkat and Dave sit down on the bed. "What's that screaming, Strider?" Dave chuckles, "It's children playing. Trust me. Kids scream a lot to hear the echos around here." Karkat relaxes a bit, nodding. "So, Karkat. Anything you want to do?" "Romcoms." Dave laughs, "Okay. I'll put on 10 things I hate about you." Karkat nods. 

Dave didn't pay much attention to the movie, he kept looking at Karkat. How he would laugh and it was so nice to listen to. How he would smile and it was beautiful. How he would scrunch his nose and it was adorable. Soon, the movie was over and Karkat just looked at Dave and said, "I'm going to sleep now." He laid down on the bed and did exactly that. Dave laid down beside him and all he could think was, 'Maybe this won't be so bad..'