Roomies

I shook his hand but was still struck with confusion. I couldn't believe this guy was actually rooming with me! I think the confusion and utter shock showed because he looked at me with an why looked so surprised expression.

"Gabrielle Joseph, can't say I feel the same." I replied.

"Aw! Come on! Don't act so smug! It'll be fun rooming with me!"

Ha! He had high hopes. Unfortunately I couldn't see us two becoming anything close to 'fun'. He was a guy and in my past I hadn't had so much luck with them. Guys were always were always my closest friends because girls thought the pretty nerd was also the undercover slut. Little did they know that I was not a slut and that I had learned to just stand on my own two feet. So I didn't think rooming with this Sam dude was going to make anyone at this school like me any more than my previous one. For starters he was absolutely gorgeous and he had a personality that would knock any girl off her feet but even if his looks made me melt his smartass remarks weren't going to give him any bonus points on my chart.

"So what's your first class?" He asked.

"Um, to be honest I haven't looked at my timetable and I reckon it will take me a decade to actually look for the classroom."

He walked over to my side of the room and picked up the piece of paper which listed my timetable and browsed through it. He looked intrigued and almost - happy. No idea why he had that same smug look on his face but it drove me insane.

"You know, your timetable is almost identical to mine?"

I rushed over to where he was standing and looked over his shoulder at the timetable. Great. Just great. I was stuck with my roommate in my room and in the classroom as well! This day had already started off with a crap twist.

"Sam Carter you are going to make my life hell aren't you?" I asked seriously.

"No, I like to treat a pretty girl like yourself like a princess. You'll have no hassles from me! What do you say? Want to give it a try?"

This guy was never going to give up. Firstly we had only just met and secondly he called me pretty. Did this guy not know this kind of talk wasn't going to get him any attention? I felt sorry for this guy. He didn't need to play all Mr. Nice Guy. He had the looks what was stopping him? So as stupid as I was to accept any offer from him - especially this offer I accepted.

"Great! We have History class first, you might want to get ready for this one... Believe me you will be pretty surprised."

"What do you mean?"

"You'll see. The teacher will drive you nuts."

He started imitating what the history teacher did and his reactions made me burst out laughing. Okay, this guy wasn't half bad as I first thought.

*AUTHORS NOTE - THANK YOU ALL MY DEDICATED FANS WHO KEEP READING AND TO ALL THE NEW ONES PLEASE BECOME A  FAN AND VOTE! I LOVE FEEDBACK TOO!! I LOVE WRITING FOR ALL OF YOU!!!

SORRY THIS CHAPTER WAS A BIT SHORT! NEXT ONE WILL BE LONGER! XX RAQUEL