Thirty-Two

"What!" exclaimed Yukimura after Miyu had announced that she and Sakuno would be going to the beach the coming Tuesday.

After her annoyance had cooled down a bit, she had decided to let the regulars know well ahead so they could have a chance to make up their minds whether or not to go to the beach with them.

She did want to enjoy the outing with Sakuno and going with other people that they were not as familiar with as the regulars would probably be boring.

The regulars were her 'brothers' after all. Besides, she did not want them to moan at her about not letting them come to the beach with them.

Bold as she was, she was too close to the regulars not to know how they would react in this situation.

She would get off lightly with Jackal and Yanagi.

She would be in trouble with Bunta, Yagyuu and Yukimura.

She would be 'dead meat' with Sanada, Niou and Akaya. The last three would be angry in different ways but she would be just as 'dead'.

888888

Since Sanada was showing such a degree of protectiveness towards Sakuno, he would definitely dislike her going off the beach without adequate escort in the summer.

The beach would be full of people and most likely, there would be plenty of guys looking for a bit of 'fun'.

Sakuno would be easy prey in this situation and Miyu would not be enough to protect her.

Yukimura would be just as angry as Sanada but he could never work up the rage with Miyu so she would be safe from her brother.

Niou would also be just as angry about the situation because she could tell that he was feeling more than friendly towards Sakuno and to think of her in a bikini at the beach with some other guy would be enough to send him off his rockers.

She was wary of Niou, not because he was intimidating like Sanada, though he could be if he wanted to, but because he was capable of making her school life a living hell and not even Yukimura could protect her.

Akaya was also very possessive of Sakuno, 'his bunny', and he would not take lightly to the news that she was off having fun while her 'master' was slaving away in the tennis courts.

Moreover, he was so unpredictable that there was no telling what he would do to Miyu if he was really in a rage.

888888

Miyu might like her revenge and her fun but she did not relish creating extra trouble for herself.

Therefore she changed her initial plan and told Sakuno that she wanted to get the regulars to go the beach for them to take a break.

She added that if they knew that it was her idea, they would not go because they were too proud of admitting that they needed a break. However, if it was Sakuno wanting to go to the beach, it would be a different matter.

Sakuno did not really understand Miyu's logic but she said agreeably that she would go with Miyu's story and said that it was her that wanted to go to the beach.