twenty-seven (End Arc Two)

Inui and Yanagi put the trays down onto the coffee table and started to pour the tea into the cups.

Oishi and Yagyuu were staying away from the coffee table. They could see that the 'tea' that came out was actually normal green-tea-looking and they were impressed. However, nothing would induce them to try the stuff.

The four waited with bated breath for someone to drink the 'tea'.

Sanada, Fuji and Tezuka all took a cup. Fuji took a sip and smiled, "You guys make great tea." He took another sip. Inui and Yanagi were pleased and they both had their notebooks ready.

Oishi and Yagyuu were the only ones who noticed; all the others were too distracted by their own thoughts to pay attention. Oishi was not surprised that Fuji would drink it and say that it was good but Yagyuu was impressed.

He thought that maybe it actually tasted quite good. He still waited for second 'opinion' before trying to drink it but before Tezuka and Sanada could drink their tea, the door bell rang and Sanada went to answer it because he was closer to the door than Yukimura.

Tezuka, thinking that it was the food Yukimura ordered, went to help Sanada and put down his cup. They put the food in the kitchen and went back to the living room. Yukimura said, "If anyone's hungry, they can help themselves. I will get some cutlery and plates ready."

He went into the kitchen to get chopsticks, plates, knives and forks. Momo wanted to follow but after Tezuka's words, did not dare. Tezuka saw his woebegone face, sighed and said, "Go and eat, Momo."

Momo leapt up and hurried to the kitchen, Eiji and Jackal after him. It was strange that Bunta did not move at the mention of food but he was really worried so his appetite had gone to sleep.

Niou decided that he might as well have some food; anything was better than not being able to do what he wanted.

Kaidou also went into the kitchen; he had run a race with Momo after all.

Inui and Yanagi were still by the coffee table, waiting patiently for someone else to try their tea. Fuji was pouring himself another cup.

Yagyuu made a move as if he wanted to brave the tea but Oishi shook his head at him in warning. They were standing between Inui and Yanagi so they could not see but Yagyuu and Oishi retreated to the kitchen.

Sanada and Tezuka decided that they had better help Yukimura in the kitchen so they also left the living room.

The ones left were mostly spaced out. The spaced out ones were Bunta and Ryoma. Akaya was also keeping himself to himself. Fuji was already drinking the tea and Inui and Yanagi thought that maybe they could wait until everyone's finished eating and then serve the tea.

888888

Upstairs, in Miyu's room, Sakuno was tossing and turning. She was remembering the things that were lost.

In her sleep, she remembered meeting Ryoma in the train when they were twelve.

She remembered seeing him at her school; she was so surprised and happy.

She remembered that Tomo-chan and she talked about Ryoma together.

She remembered watching him play against all those opponents and that Tomo-chan had cheered loudly, while she was too shy to do the same.