Chapter Sixteen

Is something wrong, Yukimura-chan?" Fuji Syusuke asked as Miyu spaced out while she was thinking of the Orange Juice Incident as she now called it.

With a start, Miyu looked at Fuji and smiled, "Huh? Oh, no, please don't mind, I was just thinking. Now, where was I? Oh, yes, we were talking about Sakuno when she finally managed to use her crutches without tripping over too much."

888888

Miyu's flashback while she was eating continued:

888888

Sakuno was finally able to hobble properly with her crutches without anyone supporting her. She was so happy about it that she showed Miyu several times, going up and down the corridor.

Miyu was amused at how child-like Sakuno was.

That afternoon, they went to tennis practice and while Miyu changed into her uniform, Yamamoto Reika came up to Sakuno.

"How's your ankle, Ryuzaki?" the girls' buchou asked. Sakuno answered respectfully, "Amano-sensei said that the bandages can come off in a few days time and then, I can start practicing again, Reika-buchou!"

She really liked Reika because of her understanding about her hurt ankle and during these two weeks, when Sakuno turned up for practice along with Miyu, Reika would let her sit at one side and read theory books on tennis that she had collected herself.

Reika grinned, pleased, "Cool, make sure that you take care of yourself, kiddie!"

888888

Now that Sakuno could use her crutches by herself, she was no longer dependent on Miyu to help her go to the toilet when she needed to. She made her way to the toilets closest to the girls' training grounds.

She made it there without tripping but unfortunately, she was concentrating so much on using the crutches properly that she mistook one entrance for the other. We have to remember that while she was not tripping over the crutches, she was still painstakingly slow.

The entrances to the men's toilet and the ladies' toilet were just next to each other and she entered one of them, not looking at the sign properly.

The next thing she knew were screeches of the strangest kind. She absentmindedly thought that screeches were supposed to be something only girls did as she tried to take in what was before her.

When she did, she screamed the loudest of them all and clapped her hands over her flaming face.

It was the most embarrassing moment of her life or so she thought, because just then she felt herself tipping forward. She had forgotten that she was only balanced on one leg for the time being and was about to fall down in the men's toilet.

"Why does it have to be this place of all places?" She thought to herself frantically, not really wanting to fall but even more unwilling to show her face from under her hands.

Thankfully, she was suddenly caught from behind to lean against a solid chest. A steady voice said, "What on earth are you doing?"

Sakuno was so surprised that her hands dropped away from her face and when they did, she screamed again and immediately hid her face.