Lost Souls

I sat in the living room of Wayne manor, the pristine fabric of the chairs reflected the dying light outside. It was a lot to take in for the family. I fiddle with my fingers. Time moved so slowly before my eyes.

I remove my shoes carefully, and try to settle more comfortably in the seat. It wasn't working well at all. Finally giving up I stand and stretch, yawning widely. I then began to wander.

The halls were all filled with art as I remembered, I spent time at each painting, admiring the details and the craftsmanship of each artist. I just wished to stay here forever. I could feel in my bones that it would be a long time before we would find Barbara Gordon.

Tracing the carved vines in a paintings frame with my finger delicately I ponder what she had probably done. I had really pushed her to this point, and I hadn't even known it. My mind darkened, it was Caldone's fault. She had gone too far, and he just fueled her decaying heart.

If only...

I ran, ran out of Wayne Manor and into the woods. I ran until I had reached my house. I ran through the doorway. the sight before me burned a hole in my very being. Brass's charred body brought tears to my eyes, I collided with the marble floor. My sobs shook my body, I could only yell and scream in pain.

My screams echoed off the charred walls, filling the empty house with my crying soul. She was my friend, she had tried to tell Caldone that what they were doing to me was wrong. She had become an actual friend in my time of emptiness.

She had tried to get up the stairs, he blackened hand reached up the stairs towards my room. She thought I was home, she wanted my help...but I wasn't.....

There.

I sat shaking, the emptiness clawed at my being, drawing me back into its dark depths. He had gone over the line. Hurting me was one thing... hurting those who were dear to me was going too far.

I dragged myself up and wiped the tears away. I walked past Brass and made my way to my room. I suited up, my war suit. It held eighty knives along my back, my retractable arm knives, two katanas on my back, and other hidden weapons of the sort. I drew on my cloak, pulling the ties in the front tightly.

This was war, and I was going to end it with the death of Caldone. He would pay for every ounce of pain he put me through, ever second of emptiness that pulled me back down into the monster I was.

Then I would find Barbara Gordon, and show her what real pain felt like. As I left the house I wiped a tear from my eye. Hell was coming, and she was coming to bring the sky down.