~39~

Your P.O.V

"Can I ask you a question." I asked as I got into Garroth's car.

I've never seen his convertible dirty inside or out, and I'm not sure he has ever let it get dirty. Especially when he treats it like it's his child. I sat down on the leather seats feeling the cold spots where my shorts ended and my skin touched the seat.

"Yeah." Garroth said turning to look at me. His hair stuck to his forehead like a mop and he didn't attempt to fix it.

"Why did no one really tell me that you and Aphmau used to like eachother. And it doesnt even really matter I just-" Garroth stared at me with part of his hand pressed to his lips, he looked at me desperately trying to read me. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Are you breaking up with me?" He asked quietly, his voice sounding dry. He asked it like it was just a normal question but he looked at me like he was panicing on the inside.

"What?" I asked letting out a half laugh, "No, I'm not."

"Okay." Garroth said quietly but letting out a breath that was loud enough to hear clearly. He looked slightly down so it was harder for me to see his face but it was obvious he was embarrassed.

"Why would you think that?" I asked hitting him in the arm playfully.

"I don't know." Garroth said quietly, he looked away from me and frantically ran his fingers through his sweaty hair, making it stick up every which way.

"I'm not mad at you, I just thought that previously being in love with one of our friends would be something you mention." I said leaning back against the car seat but keeping my eyes on Garroth.

"I don't like Aphmau. I don't want you to think I have any feelings for her because I don't." He said leaning back as well but keeping his eyes out the drivers side window. I wrapped my hand around Garroth's lifeless arm and shook him hard.

"I'm not mad at you." I said glaring at him so hard it seemed to make him turn and look at me.

"I know." Garroth whispered, for no real reason.

"Then kiss me." I whispered back. Garroth closed his eyes for a moment and then gave me a look that a teenage girl would give their mother, but kissed me regardless. A small peck that exchanged more than words had.

                    --------------------

"You really aren't going to tell Garroth anything?" Katelyn asked. Kids ran past us in the halls making a small burst of wind go by. Other kids were sprinting to get to lunch, Katelyn and I walked to my locker instead.

"No, and neither are you." I said taking a jump ahead and opening my locker as soon as it was within arms reach.

"Come on Garroth is not going to care." Katelyn said leaning her back all the way against the set of lockers as if they were comfortable.

"He doesn't want me to even look at Gene and now he's coming to my house afew times a week." I said saying my exact reasoning.

"Y/N I want to shake you," Katelyn said grabbing my arm and physically shaking it like she said she would, "I think thats from Garroth." She said pointing to the package of peanut butter cups that I now held in my hand.

"Garroth already said he isnt the one leaving chocolate in my locker." I said.

"I bet he's just embarrassed." Katelyn said, "He did give you Resses at Laurances soccer game."

"Maybe it was him this time, but I dont think it was last time." I said shoving my books farther into my locker so I could slam the door shut.

"I'm gonna ask him." Katelyn said starting to walk away before she had even finished her sentence.