~59~

Your P.O.V

"Do you know how to ski?" I asked.

My head was leaned on my hand, which was set on the ledge of the car window. I turned my head just barely and looked at Garroth through the corner of my eye.

"Do I know how to ski?" He repeated as if the question had thrown him off for some reason.

"Yeah." I said.

"No, I know how to snowboard." Garroth said.

"Oh." I leaned my head on the cold window.

"Why? Are you gonna let me teach you?" Garroth asked, it wasn't something I had hinted at so it was definitely something he wanted.

"What? No." I laughed slightly.

"Oh come on why not?" Garroth instantly sounded disappointed, "None of the girls ever come with us."

"Exactly." I looked over at him. Instead of looking at the road he was looking at me.

"Y/NNNN, come on." Garroth pouted.

"Look at the road you're going to wreck." I laughed.

"I am not. I don't wreck. You know what else? Never gotten into a snow boarding accident either, so you should let me teach you." Garroth stated.

"Maybe." I said purely to please him.

"I will drag you out there if I have to." Garroth said.

"Why? I'm not gonna be good at it." I said.

"That's okay, just go with me once. Just once and then never again." He said holding up one finger, which I smacked down.

"You're so abusive." He whined and put his empty hand on my leg.

"You smacked me in the ass with a racket last week." I said.

"You liked it." He said, he smiled to himself still looking at the road. I slapped the back of his hand which layed on my thigh. "I'm just kidding."

He turned his hand over and let me  intertwine my fingers between his. He pulled my hand up, making me move away from the window, and held the back of my hand against his lips for a moment.

"Where do you sleep at Northstar?" I asked. Garroth looked at me for a long moment as he moved his other hand to put the car into park. "I mean obviously in rooms but like-" 

Garroth cut me off as if he had figured out what I meant.

"We can't sleep together. Girls and guys are seperate and lights out by 10. Nobody does that though, and really the chaperones are asleep by 9 so if someone wanted to get laid they could." Garroth said, he held my hand away from his lips now and next to his cheek instead.

"Oh." I didn't care that much but I thought I'd ask anyway. Even though I figured out Garroth would bring it up eventually and most likely want to break whatever rules there were.

I shook his hand away from mine and instead reached out to touch his hair. Garroth lowered his head and let me run my fingers through it which was surprising because he normally hates his hair being touched, especially right before we are about to go into a public place. I ran my hands the opposite direction of it's flow ready for him to give me an angry look, which he did. He lifted his head and narrowed his eyebrows at me with a slight pout.

"I don't mess up your hair every time you're about to do something." He said.

"Sorry." I laughed and reached out to pat the top of his head, fixing it only a little bit.

He shook his head and pushed my hand away only to pat him own head and fix it. I glared at me through the corner of his eye and he moved his feet to the side and put a hand on the door handle to get out of the car. I watched him stand up outside before I too opened my door and walked outside ready to walk into the cafe. I followed closely behind Garroth, when he opened the door and then let it close I was able to squeeze through without have to touch the door again.

"Took you long enough." I heard Katelyn say from her seat.

"That's because Garroth drives five miles under the speed limit at all times." Laurance said.

"I do not." Garroth sounded annoyed and genuinely hurt as he motioned for Laurance to scoot over in the booth so he could sit down.

"Yes you do." Laurance laughed genuinely.

"Okay and my driving record is spotless." Garroth said, he raised an eyebrow at Laurance.

                   ----------------------

I sat opposite from Garroth, both on the floor, the only difference being the couch behind him and the open living room behind me. I stared at him for a long time, only not looking away because he didn't seem to notice, and if he did, he didn't make any indications of it. He had his face layed flat on his arm, squishing his cheek a little. His hair fell down slightly only because of gravity wanting to change the way it normally flowed. One arm was underneith his head but the other was across his paper and holding a pencil .  He drew tiny triangles across the edge of the page, instead of actually doing his homework.

"Do you have someone to sign your permission slip for the field trip Y/N?"

I felt startled on the inside so it was a surprise that my breathing didn't hitch nor did my shoulders jump. Zianna must have come out of her room completely silent, or maybe I had just been staring off into space. I silently prayed she didn't just see me staring at her son, who still hadn't moved a muscle.

"Oh, yeah, my brother can." I said. I looked over and up and her as she stood in the kitchen. 

I had almost completely forgot about asking Marcus. Not about the trip, of coarse, everyone was looking forward to the trip.

"Okay, I just wanted to make sure. I would have signed it for you." She said.

"I think that's illegal." Garroth said, he still hadn't moved so his head was facing away from his mother. He still drew triangles as if no one had said a word.

"That's okay." Zianna said, she didn't seem to care at all. Or maybe it was the fact that she knew the school would just let me come knowing full well Zianna Ro'meave is not my mother nor is she one of my gaurdians.

Garroth lifted his head and sat up straight, he looked straight ahead although not particularly at me. He had a red mark across his cheek from the long amount of time that he kept it on his arm. His hair fell back into place although it was slightly moved and I could still see a portion of his forehead that would normally be covered. His eyes seemed to be half closed making him look almost annoyed.

I pursed my lips together finding it funny only because of how dead he looked.

"What." Garroth asked, he clearly saw the look I gave him.

"Nothing, I didn't realize you just died and woke back up." I said looking back down at my computer as if I was working again.

"I will throw you into next week, girlfriend." Garroth said, he narrowed his eyebrows which only made him seem even more like a sassy little girl.

"Garroth, don't say that." Zianna said from the kitchen, her voice was monotone like she didn't care but she clearly knew Garroth was gonna listen to her.

"She just called me dead." Garroth said looking towards the kitchen and trying to make himself sound as offended as possible, which he succeeded in doing.

"Can't be mad at the truth." Zianna said.

Garrith turned to glare at me, although it seemed to be more of a pout than glare.

Hey guys it's really been awhile but I actually just got quarantined for being in contact with a covid carrier :/ It sucks but this is gonna free up alot of my time so hopefully I'll be able to get some more chapters out. I'm gonna aim to get three chapters out in the next two weeks. I don't know what stories I'll do yet but I just want to get something out because I know alot of people are waiting on updates for different books. Anyways, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy what is to come.