𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞 | 𝐞

ethan's pov-
i was currently in the locker room getting changed.
we had just finished a two hour long football practice and tomorrow was the weekend.

i always spend my free time with my best friend y/n. we've been best friends ever since we were little, she's basically my other half. besides grayson really.

it just hurt to see that she was dating this douche named jake. well, 'started dating.'

he just asked her out last week which i thought was odd since he never showed interest in her. but so far he hasn't treated her right.

if i was her boyfriend, i would treat her like a princess.

just knowing that all she sees me as a friend hurt.

"y'know that bimbo i'm dating?" i overheard jake speak from the other side of the lockers. i knew he was talking about y/n which made my blood boil.

"last night i screwed her body in bed, and tomorrow i'm dumping her sorry ass" he explained before laughing, everyone else joining in.

i can't believe he touched her body.

y/n's perfect, beautiful body and is just throwing her away like a piece of garbage.

i slammed my locker door shut and stormed to the other side. "what the fuck did you just say about y/n?" i barked shoving jake to the side.

"woah bro calm down!" he said throwing his hands up in defense, "all she was was a quick fuck."

"you're fucking disgusting" i mumble before walking out of the room. i needed to control my anger, unless i could be kicked off the team for starting a physical fight.

y/n<3
hey do you mind if i come over?

                                                                                   ofc

everything okay?

i'll explain when i get there

y/n's pov-
'i'll explain when i get there'

that can't be good, right? i mean, if something was bothering him he always tells me over text and then we talk it out when he gets here.

my thoughts were interrupted by several knocks at my front door.

i tossed my phone on the couch and went to answer it, not surprised when i saw ethan, which made me softly smile.

"hey-"

"i need to tell you something, and you won't like it" he cuts me off, his voice sounding hurt and a worried look on his face.

"just tell me ethan.." i mumble, "are you okay?"

"yeah i'm okay physically" he nods.

"it's just about you"

"then tell me already!" i watch his eyes fall to his feet before looking back up at me. "jake was..talking about how he 'screwed you in bed last night-"

the words slowly came out, and just by the beginning it made me furious. "and how he would dump you tomorrow..i'm so sorry y/n"

it was silent for a good couple minutes, ethan just letting me sink in his words. i didn't really know what to say, overall i felt used but mostly upset.

"okay.." i mumble making him look at me confused, "thanks for telling me"

"that's it? 'thanks for telling me?'

"what do you want me to say, ethan?" i snap crossing my arms, my anger boiling at him thinking i should've had a different response.

"i don't know!" he shrugs, "it just sounds like you're brushing this off."

"because i am? what else is there to do? i could dump him tonight before he has the chance and just never talk about it again."

"it's just you let these guys come in your life just to use your body! like a-"

"a what, ethan? a slut?" i ask raising my eyebrows. he looks at me shocked at first, not really knowing how to respond as he drops to sadness.

"no, y/n-"

"just leave" i sigh waving my hand, not feeling like continuing with the conversation. i'm about to head back upstairs but stop when i feel him grip my wrist.

i quickly was turned around and met with ethans lips, his large hands cupping my face gently. i didn't hesitate to kiss back, deepening it by running my fingers through his hair.

"i'm so sorry y/n, i never meant to bring you down" he whispered, our lips inches away. "you just deserve to be treated like the amazing girl you are. and for these guys to just throw you away like it's nothing hurts me."

"what're you trying to say, ethan?" i ask quietly, scanning his beautiful hazel eyes that i loved too much.

"i want you to be mine y/n" he says, his hands leaving my face to intertwine with mine.

"of course i'll be yours ethan" i blush making him smile, both our lips coming to meet again.