"𝐚𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐜𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬" | 𝐞

"3 more seconds" my best friend reminded me over the phone, nervousness and excitement being the only two things running through my body.

it was about to be my sixteenth birthday, which means 'the first words of my soulmate' show on my wrist.

"three! two! one! now now!" she yells making me quickly look down, seeing words that i wasn't expecting.

'your outfit looks atrocious today'

nothing like anyone else's, mia's for example had 'your eyes are beautiful' and brittany from math got 'i love your smile'

"well? what is it?!"

"it's stupid" i mumble pulling my hoodie sleeve down, my mind still thinking about those certain words. who's soul mate says that to them?

"come on, i bet it's not" she says and i just respond with an eye roll. "okay okay" a huff sound was heard from her side before she waved goodbye.

"i'll see you tomorrow...today? in school, happy birthday y/n!"

"thanks mia, bye" i then hung up and tossed my phone somewhere on the bed, then collapsing next to it with a sigh.

'maybe i just don't have a soulmate' i thought to myself before turning off the lamp.

"what does it say?!" mia including our other friend group crowded around me, not really giving me space as i unloaded my things into the locker.

"i don't really wanna say it right now" is all i say with a huff, turning around and seeing them frown.

"probably because she doesn't have a soulmate" a familiar voiced boomed from the side. i turned my head slightly to see the infamous ethan dolan, schools bad boy and jerk who likes teasing me whenever he gets the chance.

"fuck off" i say flipping him off, walking past the girls to get to my class. i heard mia say something to him too before catching up with me.

"don't listen to him, he's probably salty since he never gets his dick sucked" she mumbled making me laugh in agreement.

one year later

junior year and it was already trash. my best friend moved away at the ending of 10th grade, leaving me alone since she was basically the only 'true' friend i had.

then ethan, starting to tease me more and try getting a reaction from out of me. which worked some times but not all.

i was currently sitting on the bleachers near the football field, eating my lunch quietly as i watched the flowers sway back and forth.

the noise of someone walking on the metal material made me look over slowly, only to see, you guessed it

ethan dolan.

it's like he never gives me a break.

"can i help you?" i ask watching as he stood in front of me, my head tilting up slightly to view him.

"yeah, just wanted to tell you that you look like a loser sitting here by yourself" he says without a hint of care in his voice. sometimes i can't wrap my mind around how a person could be so cold and mean.

"i don't care"

"also-"

"oh! there's more!" i cut him off with a sarcastic tone, only making him clench his jaw as he glared into my soul.

"your outfit looks atrocious today"

"you're a jerk" i say with a petty smile before going to take another bite. 'your outfit looks atrocious today..'

i look down and pull back my sleeve, revealing the same words imprinted on my wrist at 16. the exact words, he had just said, my soulmate.

"w-what did you say?" i ask looking up to only see him looking at his own wrist too, his eyes slowly reading over it.

at the age of 16, he had too gotten words, words that read

'you're a jerk'