𝐬𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐝 | 𝐠

⚠️mentions of suicide⚠️
y/n's pov-
here i was, standing at the edge of the bridge getting ready to jump. my legs were trembling underneath me with fear, fear that this won't kill me and i'll have some life long consequences.

this wasn't last minute either, this was a thought and plan i've had for almost two months. no medication, therapy, group sessions i have help, i just feel incomplete and have came to the conclusion that i'll never have a purpose.

'breath in, jump forward' i thought to myself, swaying my body back and forth. the bright night stares twinkled down on me, a cool breeze pushing through my hair.

'on the count of three'

looking down i hold my breath, scared of what to come if this didn't work. my whole body trembled but i kept telling myself this was the only option.

'one'

it's a big drop, i'll be out.

'two'

just go limp and jump forward, it only takes a second.

'three-'

"hey!" a deep voice echoed, grabbing my attention immediately as i turned around. my eyes squinted to get a better look at the person in front of me, a boy.

"w-what do you want?" i ask starting to shake again. i couldn't tell if it was from the wind or the feeling of my plans being ruined.

"don't jump, please"

all i could do was laugh, roll my eyes and laugh at how he thinks his simple words could stop me.

"why?" i ask but freeze when he moves closer to me, "stop! don't come a-any closer!"

"i'm sorry! i'm sorry!" he apologized quickly, putting his hands up in defense. "just please don't jump, it's not worth it"

"how do you know? do you even know h-how i feel! no! because we're two strangers who know nothing about each other!" i yell, the loud cars beneath us silencing me out.

"because i lost someone to suicide, my brother" he said looking down but quickly averting his eyes back up.

"if you come down, we can talk okay? i can help, just please trust me"

my face was now blank, not really knowing what to do. i knew he was trying to convince me, a stranger that he just met.

but i couldn't stop myself.

"i'm sorry" is all i said before turning around. before i could jump, i felt two hands grab my waist and yank me back, a scream escaping my mouth.

"STOP!" i shouted, tears rushing down my face as we both hit the grass. my hands were dirty and my body had rolled off of his.

"it's not worth it!" he yelled, getting up and grabbing me quickly when i tried making a run for it. he held me close to his chest, not affected by me hitting him over and over again.

"let me go! y-you ruined everything!" i screamed through tears, my body and hands feeling limp from the impact.

"you ruined everything.."

"sh it's okay, it's okay" he whispered, holding me tightly as the wind blew harsher. i felt upset but at the same time, relieved.

this strangers embrace felt weirdly comforting, just being held by someone made my body relax and my system feel calm.

"here" he whispered pulling away slightly to take off his hoodie, giving it to me to wear which i accepted.

it was big on me but kept me warm, his clothing smelling like mint and cologne. i looked up and my eyes met his, now i was face to face with him.

i could finally admire what he looked like up close, gorgeous really. floppy brown hair that rested on his forehead, a sharp jawline and beautiful hazel eyes.

"grayson" he said, noticing i was starring but he didn't seem to mind by the slight smile on his face.

"y/n"

-𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘩𝘴 𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳-

"pancakes or waffles?" grayson asked with his back towards me, his muscles flexing as he grabbed the pan.

"pancakes" i hum, swinging my legs from the counter. the only thing i was wearing was my underwear and grayson's tshirt that was like a dress on me.

"coming right up!" he said with the spatula in the air, making me giggle at his actions.

he turned around and came over, walking in between my legs and cupping my face with his warm hands.

"i love you, princess" he whispered connecting my lips with his soft ones.

i melted into his touch, leaning in slightly to deepen it which he gladly allowed. "i love you too"

i truly did feel like i loved grayson. he saved me for taking my own life, and sometimes i tell myself that he was my angel.

these past three months it feels like he's actually given me a purpose in life. i know it sounds stupid, how just in a couple of weeks someone could do that to another  person.

but grayson truly had the ability to do that, and i'm still thankful to this day for him.