chapter 5 ~ 𝒃𝒊𝒃𝒊𝒎𝒃𝒂𝒑 𝒎𝒐𝒏𝒆𝒚

Start from the beginning

     My eyes snapped up to meet his, tears building up behind my eyes. Almost immediately Jungkook dropped his smile, cocking his head to the side. "What's wro-"

     "D-don't ever call me that again," I mumbled, backing away. Jungkook caught my wrist before I could move far enough away, tugging at it lightly. He lowered his head and peered up at my face trying to catch my gaze. I refused to look at him; the way he jokingly uttered the word "princess" almost made my heart stop. "Just don't call me that again, please."

     Jungkook's hand snaked up my arm until his fingers clutched my chin, lifting my gaze to meet his. His facial expression couldn't have been less obvious; this was the last thing he wanted to be concerning himself with on a Friday evening, but behind his visible boredom was a sliver of concern. "Take pity on my poor soul, why don't ya?" I muttered heatedly, pushing Jungkook's hand away from my face.

     "Look, Yumin." Jungkook turned his body to face mine. I furrowed my brow, lowering my head weakly and staring up at him. I could tell he was trying to be kinder towards me, but he still scared the fuck out of me. "If you're going to be living here, you've gotta get used to telling me when something's wrong."

     "The hell do you mean 'if you're going to be living here'?" I perplexed, drawing a hand over my eyes to force the tears to stop trying to escape. "I thought you wanted me to leave?"

     "I'm not letting you go back to your apartment, so you're going to have to stay here," said Jungkook, running a hand over his hair and glancing at the ceiling.

     "You...but, why!?" I faltered, anxiously picking at my hands.

     "I might seem like an asshole, but I'm not, okay?"

     Jungkook's tone took me by surprise, my eyes widening slowly. He watched my face for a moment before we both jumped at the sound of keys jiggling in the apartment's lock. Without thinking, my hands shot out to hold onto his forearm. Jungkook slowly turned towards the door, and we both waited for it to open.

     "-with saltwater. You shouldn't have been screamin' your ass off anyway," Jimin chuckled, stepping inside the apartment. Taehyung followed in after him, his lips pulled back tight in a frown, hands shoved deep into his oversized pants.

     "How is saltwater going to help my voice cracks?" Taehyung pondered. 

     "It won't. It'll just-"

     Jimin paused in the middle of the hallway, one foot raised mid-step. His gaze jumped from me to Jungkook and back, his face clouded with confusion. Taehyung stepped up beside his hyung, glaring down at me. 

     "You're still here?" he seethed, narrowing his eyes.

     "I g-guess?" I stuttered, beginning to shake a little. I opened my mouth wider to continue speaking, but Taehyung cut me off, directing his words towards Jungkook.

     "Why is she still here, Jungkook? Don't tell me you're going all soft on her like Jimin." 

     Jimin rolled his eyes, hooking the Bentley's keys back on their hook above the kitchen counter and walking over to sit beside me on the couch. I kept my gaze fixated on Taehyung, a bit startled at how aggressive his reaction was to see me still in the apartment. Jungkook pushed himself to his feet, giving me a quick glance before addressing Taehyung.

     "I'm not going soft, hyung."

     "Then why is she still here? You drove her home and yet she's sitting on our couch." He turned towards me, his hands now on his hips. "If this was just a leisurely visit, you can leave now." His hand shot out to point in the direction of the door.