Scene 24-Love Does Weird Things

Start bij het begin

"Who are you and why do we hang out with you?," my brother exclaims earning some looks. 

He doesn't mind.

"Come on George, we need to hurry!," Lee pleads. 

"You can go, I'll follow," I say when a certain blonde one caught my attention. 

When the incident in the room of requirements happened, we were parted, we didn't talk to each other. We hadn't a chance without it being too obvious. Lee sighs in frustration but decided to head off.

"What's wrong bro?," Fred asks, but at this point I'm sure he knows were I'm looking, he didn't sound amused. 

"I have to get something straight first," I move past him up to her. 

"Anne!," I say pushing some people out of the way to get to her. 

She stops and turns around, sounding surprised: "George?" 

I'm a bad boyfriend. If I were a good one, she would expect me even after such a little argument we had.

"I know we both are in a hurry currently with you having potions and all, I'll be fast promise." 

She nods her head and I continue. 

I just really need to get this off my chest, the last days without her were lonely in a sense I never experienced: "I'm sorry okay? I got your point with being scared and it wasn't my right to push you into something you clearly didn't want to do. Just as you said, I should eventually start to learn to accept a no. I'll try from now on and I hope you'll help me with it." 

I look around before taking her hands in mine. The corridor isn't as crowded as it was before.

" Because I need you."

She looks down at our hands. For a moment I feel my heart drop, thinking I messed it up again. However, she moves to her tippy toes and presses a lips against my lips. My eyes widen a bit before pressing them close and kissing back. The usual electric feeling emerges in my body. 

She steps back again a bit and looks up at me: "I think we can work this out."

With the biggest grin I ever had I am about to say something when we hear the horrible sound just a true nightmare could make.

"Chrm chrm."

We turn around to her, I don't let go of Anne's hands, as I feel that they begin to shake slightly. 

"Detention Mr Weasley and Miss Storm."

At this point by now I don't care about detention with her any longer, however, I do know how much Anne dreads detention, especially after what happened last time.

I look down at the girl in front of me, but to my surprise something mischievous shines in her eyes, it was just for a second but I caught it. 

Only a slight whisper she asks: "Want to find out how far we can push this until we get expelled?"

I nod with a smirk: "Are you sure about that?" 

"Lead the way"

I move closer to her and put both of my hands on her cheeks, pulling her closer to kiss her. Right in front of Umbridge. To say the woman is angry is an understatement. I'm sure if she could, she would have hexed us right now. Anne puts her arms around my neck and maybe I'm imagining things now, but I could feel her slightly smiling into the kiss.

"This," Umbridge starts, not ably to stop us, which irritates the terrible pink dot just more: "This... I... Will you two stop. I dare you! This... This is immature!" 

We break apart and look at her red face, I have to fight fits of laughter, seeing the way she almost explodes. I think if I look closely enough, I can see stream coming out of her ears.

"This is a dread against the ministry!" 

Anne looks her dead in the eyes: "How should me kissing a read head affect the ministry?," she asks confused: "Come on lady, put some sense into your brain." 

"THAT'S ENOUGH!," we jump back slightly at the sudden outburst. Now even those who didn't watch before stop and look at us.

Anne let go of me immediately. 

"Fifty points from Slytherin! You left me no other way and detention!," she glares at us. 

"I already got dete-" 

"More. I believed you learned your lesson after the last time Miss Storm. I think you don't have enough to know where you belong." 

I step in front of Anne, seeing the way her previously newly got bravery completely gone again, as if it could shield her from the punishments Umbridge is about to give her. 

"Do you really want to occupy her all the time? You know that you take all my date time with her?," I ask casually. 

Umbridge breathes heavily, I almost got her where I want her. 

"That's very unfair to ruin others plans because one self never got the opportunity for something alike."

Anne stares at me with wide eyes and Umbdrige turns furious. 

"DETENTION! Each one of you, for the rest of this month, starting tonight. BOTH OF YOU! I'M NOT DONE WITH YOU, YOU WILL LEARN TO BEHAVE!" 

She turns around to leave.

I turn around to Anne and wink: "See you on our date tonight." 

Satisfied when I hear a cuss from Umbridge who clearly heard me I lower my voice and whisper concerned: "Are you alright? I didn't want to drag you into this mess." 

"It's- it's alright," she gives me a weak smile. 

"I promise you I'll help you through it." 

Well that's why I tried my best to get detention too. No way I let her have detention alone with that crazy little psychopath of woman.

"I know what you did George and you are crazy," she looks at me. 

"Good thing I am, otherwise you wouldn't call me your boyfriend," I grin and walk away from her, determined to catch my class.

Before I could take another step a hand pulled me back. 

"When?," I look into the hurt eyes of my brother. 

I completely forgot him and what he just witnessed. 

"Fred I wanted to tell you, not in this way of course, I-" 

"That's the real reason you left me alone lately?" 

I look down on the floor. 

"Yes"

"Why did you lie to me? I knew something was odd and wrong, but I decided to trust you. You don't even care enough about your own brother to tell me. Instead the whole school should know?" 

"Well, I- I didn't know how to tell you."

"Well maybe 'Oi Fred got some bad news for you'!," he sounds angry. 

I can't even blame him.

I don't say anything, I know I messed up. 

"Why her?," Fred asks a lot calmer than before. 

"Love does weird things Fred," I answer truthfully: "And it certainly makes you do even more stupid things in return." 

He still looks hurt by my actions, but I can see past that façade, he tries to understand.

"Really, I promise you that I will explain everything later to you, but for now-" 

"Go or Lee will kill you before Sprout can do it." 

"Thank you," I breathe out relieved and start to run and I managed it on time there.