Scene 21- Room of Requirement

Start from the beginning

There is it again, the sudden rush of euphoria after a day full of confusion and sadness. However, normally within seconds it dies down and leaves nothing behind, just that this time George does something he normally wouldn't do, he grabs my hand and intertwines our fingers. 

I look at our hands: "What are you doing here?," I ask quietly, starting to go away from the door. 

If Snape comes out he doesn't need to see a Weasley that far away from his common room when it's almost past curfew.

"I was looking for you of course," he smiles at me. 

"Great, now that you found me, could you leave please?," I'm really not fond of the squad or any other professor finding him here. 

We got away the last time, Snape won't be that kind as Dumbledore.

"Oh a please," his smile grows wider: "If all it takes for you to be nice to me is a kiss, then I would have done that way earlier." 

He chuckles when I give him an annoyed look. When we are about to hit the corridor that leads to the Slytherin Common room, he stops. 

"Come with me." 

"What?" 

"Come with me. You said you would go out with me, so come with me." 

"George, I don't think it's a good idea if we-" 

"Do you trust me?," he looks at me very carefully. 

I sigh, but nod. Please don't make me regret this.

He drags me into a complete different direction and both of us are quiet, neither dares to say something. He leads me through hidden passage ways, without caring if I see them or not, and only when we appear in a dark corridor and run towards a wall I stop. 

"George, what are you up to? George that's not funny, come on w-" 

I blink irritated. There just appeared a wall out of nowhere right? That did just happen?

At my irritation he chuckles and opens the door for me: "Ladies first" 

Slowly I step inside and look around me. It's a small room, cozy, warm. The floor is filled with a soft carpet and blankets as well as pillows are everywhere. The only light in this room comes from the candles that hang from the ceiling. What is this place?

I turn towards George, who stands almost a bit shy away from me. 

Then the door disappears again and I swallow: "How are we supposed to get out here again?" 

"Don't worry love, we will if we need to." 

That isn't calming, not at all. 

But before I could lose myself in bad thoughts again I ask: "Where are we?" 

"This my dear, is the room of requirement." 

"The what?"

He chuckles slightly: "The room of requirement is the place we use for our D.A meetings. We go here and train." 

"So you train with pillows then?," I raise an eyebrow, this room is rather small to train all the members. 

Actually I'm slightly disappointed in the room, I imagined it way more drastic.

"No not really. Well you have to know, this room changes to what you truly wish for. For our meetings we have a way bigger room and defensive objects, books and so on," he runs a hand through his hair, looking at me. 

I step a bit closer to him: "And what did you wish for with all of this? To give me an electric shock or what?," I tease. 

He takes a deep breath. 

"Well, yes...," within matters of seconds he closes the remaining distance between us and kisses me.

It doesn't take long for my lips to respond.

*George's Prov*

I waited to so long for this to happen again. I pull her close and one hand that lies on her cheek, strokes it carefully with my thumb. I love this feeling it all causes. 

Suddenly Anne pulls away and I put my forehead against hers, not willing to open my eyes: "What is wrong?" 

"I'm sorry," she whispers. 

Please don't let her tell me she can't do this. That's so cliché.

The girl moves a bit back from me. 

"It's just, what if another person storms in on us. I'm not fond on repeating what happened at the tower." 

Thank merlin, it's just that. 

"Calm down, no one can come in. I wished for it," I sit down on the floor, patting the space next to me, signaling for her to sit down.

"But what if, someone wished to find us? Wouldn't that mean that a door would appear?," slowly she sits down beside me. 

I never thought of that. 

"I don't think so; I mean Umbridge still hasn't found us. Stop worrying about that." 

"What about the others who know this room exists? Couldn't they easily come inside here?," she doesn't look at me.

"Truthfully I don't know, but what would be so bad about that? If Fred found us, I mean would it really be that bad?" 

She doesn't respond. I run a hand over my face and lean back onto the pillows. She lies down next to me. 

"I'm just not convinced that it is good if others find out about this," she makes a gesture towards both of us: "If we don't even know ourselves what this is." 

"Fair enough," I say with a small smile grabbing her hand in mine.

Maybe it isn't a date someone might consider, but this evening is everything I can imagine to lead to a good date. We just lay there, staring at the ceiling, talking. There is so much I don't know about her and I want to know every single thing from the girl beside me.

"Okay so tell me one thing about yourself others need to know," Anne says grabbing one of the blankets and pulling it over her. 

I watch her with a small smile: "That's a good one, mhm, I guess it's the fact that my teasing is never meant in a bad way. I only do it to make others feel better about some failure, I always hope they laugh about their mistakes. To be able to do that is the best thing. Now your turn."

"Oh, uhm, I don't know. Maybe that I'm not as mean as everyone thinks I am and once you got past the first layer I can be very nice?," the way she blushes is too cute and I snicker.

 She covers her face immediately: "That sounds so cringe I know. The key word is can, that doesn't have to mean I automatically am." 

"I figured," I tease, making her groan.

"Okay so I have to ask this. I'm just too curious, why did your behavior towards me change?," I turn to my side to face her. 

She stares at the ceiling, biting her lip again. 

"Somewhere along the lines, I found myself depending on something that wasn't there. That's the moment I realized that you managed to leave a huge impact on me," she takes a deep breath, also turning to her side to face me: "I figured it's time to give you a chance, after all you did for me and somewhere in between I found myself really growing fond of you in a way I never expected."

I look deeply into her blue eyes. They got their shine back, they are like the ones I fell for at the lake. I couldn't be more grateful to lie here. I carefully put my hand on her waist and pull her closer, pressing a kiss on her lips, waiting for the response that came after a moment of hesitation.

It was that moment where I was sure we were more than just people who know each other.