CHAPTER 16.1

My body was tingling with excitement as I walked over the fresh white snow that covered my path. I was not scared by the darkness surrounding me anymore. Voices in the wind whispered in my ear, trying to tell me that it was going to be a long night; but I wasn't scared. My legs should be freezing right now, but I cannot feel a thing down there. I had a huge smile on my face the whole time since I left Susan's house. 

I had changed my mind about not asking Ethan what he feels about me. One important thing that I learned from this whole curse situation, is that life is too short, and I don't know whether I will even stay human tomorrow. Every moment is precious for me and I should count my blessings. So why not tell Ethan how I feel at the moment?

Susan was convincing enough to persuade me. She finally told me the story of her secret relationship that I didn't know about. Yes, she fell in love with a guy she met on Instagram. He looked good in pictures and sweet-talked her all the time to show her what a perfect boyfriend he could be. He even confessed his feelings to her within a week. 

A guy who loves you will never go that fast, but rather, he will take his time if he wants to spend the rest of his life with you. Or at least that's what I think. 

Since I was not there to warn her, Susan was being herself - she fell for his sweet-talks, and decided to meet him. It turned out he was a really old man who had a fake account to collect pictures and fantasize about young girls. Social media is one hell of a dangerous place. Thank god nothing serious happened to Susan, but it could have.

 An FIR case will be filed against him by tomorrow so that the police can deal with his disgusting actions.

Anyway, after Susan poured her heart out to me about her tragic relationship, I realized that a nice person like Ethan is very rare to find. If I miss my chance, I might never be able to spend time with him.

 For so long now, I had felt a tingling sensation whenever he was around me. It kept increasing and became very hard for me to ignore. I had to tell him about how I was feeling. It would be awkward for him to reject me, because how will we remain friends then? I decided to call Ethan first, to see where he was. I hated him in the beginning, but along the way - I do not realize how –I had fallen for him.

"Yes, Anna is there a problem?" he asked, without knowing that I was calling him with a completely different intention. I adjusted my tone; I was nervous to talk to him, now that I knew he was a special person in my life. I replied, "No, there isn't any problem. It is just that I wanted to ask you what you are you doing?" I kept my voice as calm as possible, even though I was so excited.

"I am walking." He replied, calmly. The background sounds of wind confirmed what he said.

"Where exactly?" I asked hesitantly, after taking a huge gulp of my own spit. When I heard his voice, the hair on my skin stood up. I assumed that he must be at an open ground by what it sounded like in the background.

"Near the middle of the woods. Why?" Of course, he was curious - I had never asked him such a question before. He must be on his way home.

It did make me scared to hear that he was in the woods, but deep down in my heart I knew that it would be safe for me to go there - even at this time of the night - since Ethan would be with me once I reached. It was such a good feeling to have someone save the day for you. Because of Ethan, I might finally be over my phobia of the woods that I thought I would never be able to overcome.

"Okay, reach home safely." I wanted to tell him that he wouldn't reach home before meeting me first, but a surprise visit could do no harm, right?

I could not hide my excitement anymore. I ended the call before he could ask me why I sounded so excited. Susan already got the message and handed me my coat and beanie for some protection against the chilly weather outside. She even applied a little makeup - foundation, blush and lip gloss – on me since she thought it was a necessity for a girl to look good when she goes to confess her feelings to her crush. I did not think that was necessary, but I agreed anyway. I giggled a little while she was putting makeup on my face – I mean, who wouldn't? I looked at myself in the mirror one last time. I smiled without showing my teeth and said the words 'I like you' to practice, and also double-check my feelings.

"Okay then, all the best!" Susan said, with a big smile to cheer me up.

I nodded in reply and opened her front door to leave on my little adventure.

All the memories that I had with Ethan came flashing back to me as I walked along the snow-covered road. The first time that we met was when he saved me from James. He has always protected me, but I never came to trust him completely. It took a while, I guess, to be comfortable around him. Now I could face my problems with confidence. The wind speed started to increase, but I did not let my legs give up. Looks like living close to the woods was going to work in my favour today, as I did not have to walk too much to reach him. My heartbeat increased as I got closer to him. What will I tell him? How will I start? I did not know. Maybe once I look at his face, the confession will pour out of my mouth. I did not even know if I was walking on the street or the sidewalk - it all looked the same under the snow. My Ugg boots could not protect me against the breeze, and my feet started feeling very cold.

I could finally see trees, so I knew I had reached the area around the woods. I took a big sigh of relief and thanked God for letting me reach safely. Thinking about how I was going to find Ethan made me confused. I might have made the wrong decision coming here, because how the hell was I going to find him? It's a big area and he could be anywhere. Maybe if I walked along the outskirts of the woods, it would help. It's better than standing in one place and freezing.

"Oh," I exclaimed. After ten more minutes of walking, I could see a figure on the opposite side of the road - near some bushes. Ethan always wears a denim jacket when he goes into the woods to hunt. This guy - if I was not mistaken - was also wearing the same jacket. Plus his hair was messy like Ethan's always was, and his Converse sneakers confirmed in my mind that it was Ethan. A huge smile covered my face, and my cheeks became warm all of a sudden, as I blushed. Yes, this is it, Anna. You can do it. You need to let out your feelings or you may never get this chance again. I slowly started to take steps towards him. The distance was far enough, that even if I spoke to myself he would not be able to hear me. I started practising. Ethan I like... no, no... Hey Ethan... Hi...

Nooooo... Ethan! This time I screamed involuntarily. I felt a sudden push on my right, and I flew into the air, rolling over a car and hitting the cold ground behind it. Did I just get hit by a car?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DO VOTE AND COMMENT IF YOU LIKE READING MY STORY!

AND FEEDBACK IS ALWAYS WELCOMED!

CHAPTER 16.2 COMING SOON.