"It is indeed you. Gustavo Almaraz in the flesh. To think I didn't trust our dear Mayor. Oh Gustavo, how very nice to see you after two decades, " said McKinnon.

At the mention of Gustavo's name, all the police officers in the room were frozen. They were just looking at him like he stepped out of mythology.

"I am afraid, I can't say the same about you Dahlia. I hear you are trying to bring down the Prime Minister. How is it faring? " asked Gustavo.

Dahlia laughed.

"And you have not changed one bit. I see why Florentino Corolla, the famous mistress of Gustavo Almaraz is smiling again. It was a shame to see you gone. And to see the mourning. But well, with you gone the city was not untouchable for us poor souls, " said McKinnon.

"I hear your wings haven't grown an inch since Alexander Almaraz took charge. Does that say something to you? " asked Gustavo. He hated her. She is one of the people who helped the people who destroyed his family and he will have her suffer. Oh, he will.

McKinnon looked like she might snap.

"Oh you just try, McKinnon. Just try again and you will know why you never play with Almaraz's, " said McKinnon. She gulped at that and Gustavo could see fear seizing her.

"Florentino, keep me updated about the wing and enjoy your time with your long lost man and maybe you will be more than a kept man now," she said, trying not to loose her face. Gustavo pressed a gun to her stomach. And she froze.

"If you ever call Floretino that name again, I will peel your skin with my bare hand. Apologise, " said Gustavo.

"I was just joking, Florentino. My apologies, " she said and Gustavo took the gun off and she rushed out. Florentino was keeping Este's eyes shut.

"I think she peed," snickered one of the young woman recruits, Layla to another. The guy next to her, Yane, nodded. All the recruits around them were murmuring too.

"I have heard stories, do you think they are both? " asked Jeremy, a mid level officer to his partner Garrison who shrugged.

"I don't know. Wow, imagine that. Our director dating the mafia boss. I have heard that Director was the only person who had a say with him. Look at him, he is intimidating to us cops. The legends are all true it seems, " said Garrison.

"Can I help father? "asked Este, pouting. And that brought all the attention to the kid.

"Help with what? " asked Florentino, moving his hand away.

"To peel her, " said Este with best duh face. Florentine just stared at the kid and at Gustavo who was just looking at his son in surprise. Juan snickered.

"Gustavo! There is a reason they say innocent ears, " said Florentino, glaring.

"In my defence, you know how that bitch sets me off," said Gustavo. Florentino rolled his eyes.

"But she said a bad word. Two bad words. I know they are bad words, I watch movie you know. She needs to be punished. She can't hurt you," said Este with a mighty pout.

Juan was enjoying the show. It was mad, but hilarious. Well, maybe this is what they call parenting crisis.

"But you can't peel off people's skin. It's very harsh," said Florentino softly.

"But yesterday, I heard big brother tell brother-in-law that peeling of Dani's skin was the kindest punishment. Skin grows back right? And she will know never to speak like that," said Este, like that settled the argument. Gustavo cringed at the look Florentino was giving him.

"Did he just make Gustavo Almaraz cringe with a look? " asked Daniel, one of the senior officials.

"To think that I called him an over credited muppet," said Haler, another senior official. But then Florentine's rage brought all of their attention back.

"Seems like I need to have a talk with Miguel about the conversations his husband and brother has inside the house. I will have to go and check all the kids for mental scarring now. Let me get my hands on those two, "said Florentino.

"Isn't that the football player-Miguel? " asked one of the British officers visiting, Rick.

"It is. But here he is Donna. Don't say his name out so loud . It's seen as disrespectful. Even the Imperatore fans only use the nickname,"said Daniel.

"He was mentioning the Don himself and Mikhael Endrizzi, right? He said kids with familiarity. They are grown men right?, "said Jeremy.

"It is said that while Izabel raised them, Director is the father figure. The rumour is that when the Russian mob injured director, Don burned down their den. Director had to get involved to make a peace treaty, years before, " said Haler.

Obviously, he never believed in these stories, but now it is before his eyes. They have only seen Juan here before and never did think it as the kind of bond it was touted to be.

"We brought a pie," said Juan placatingly.

"Well, I am hungry. That woman had been absolute - he looked at Este who was eyeing him curiously.

"I won't repeat bad words, " said Este
reassuringly.

"Hmm. You both must be hungry, Gareth, take them to the canteen, you know the way kid. Jody, you go with them, " said Florentino to two of the guards. They gave a slight bow and Gareth picked Este who was snuggling up to the guard, asking him about food options.

"You got something from Her? " asked Florentino.

"What if I said no? " asked Gustavo.

"I would say it is a lie Almaraz. You forget that I know all your moves, " said Florentino. Gustavo extended his hand and there is a list. Florentino smirked as he looked at it.

"This is what we were looking for. She is done. Good, I can have my pie and eat it too. I need to get officers on this. All the port details are here, " said Florentino as Gustavo nodded.

Florentino turned and realised the whole office was here. He didn't lose his composure.

"Garrison, Jeremy, Cooper, Hashim, Haiti, Jordan, you six will work together. You heard what she was saying. It's a coup. We won't side with her to overthrow the democracy which I hope was obvious to you all. Now get to work because we need to throw her before she does the PM, " said Florentino.

"Yes, Director, " they said and rushed in to get changed.

"Daniel, Hailer, alert the PM. McKinnon moved it along hoping for sympathisers here which for a fact I know is zero. But she saw Gustavo and will know that there is no way she will win this now legitly. So PM needs to be cautious, " said Florentino.

"On it, " said Daniel and Hailer followed. Those two already behaved like a married couple. Might even get there this decade if Hailer stops being so standoffish. He then looked at the rest.

"Don't you all have lunch to get to? "

"On it, Boss," said all and rushed out.

"They are all scared of you. Looked terrified," said Gustavo.

"Well, I am scary and I am their boss. Hell you are scared of me, " said Florentine smirking. Gustavo pulled him into his arms.

They kissed.

"I missed you," said Florentino, pressing his face to Gustavo's chest. He had to come back urgently because McKinnon called the meeting and they already had intel about the coup she was planning. Alex and Mikhael are already working on destabilising her allies.

"I missed you too," said Gustavo, his heart warm. They stayed like that for a moment.

The eight officers who came dressed to leave just waited for the couple to leave, not wanting to walk in and let them know that they saw them kissing.

-------

Okay, the chapter is bigger than usual.
And it was pure self indulgence. I just wanted some people to gawk at them both and be shit scared of it all. Anyway, the plot will move along now.