Chapter Seven: Baby Steps

The members of the Jauregui-Consuelos' family were all gathered around their dining table, being served breakfast. It was a Saturday, so unfortunately for their parents, the children were at home.

Francesca was sat at the head of the table, while her other siblings and their families took their respective, unsigned seats. "Good morning, everyone." She greeted them. She joined hands with her siblings who were sat at either side of her, bowing their heads in prayer.

"Amén."

They all said, once the prayer was over, releasing each other's hands. Lauren was relieved to say the least to have to let go of her wife's hand, although, a part of her didn't want to. There were times when Lauren couldn't get enough of Camila, and every ounce of physical contact was invigorating to her soul.

But now, she couldn't stand the sight of her. The ache in her chest, had seemingly only gotten worse as the days went by.

Everyone commenced talking amongst themselves, once they realised Francesca didn't have anything to say to them. Maybe she did, and she was just waiting for the right moment to strike, like a lion hunting it's prey.

"Yo, Valentina. Stop hogging the eggs!" Atlas grumbled to her younger cousin, who was busy shovelling egg after egg in her plate. "Fat ass," she mumbled once she did get the plate, that barely had anything on it.

"I heard that," Celena said to her sister.

"You always hear the insults but never the compliments," Atlas responded. "Here, an egg." She stabbed it with her fork and held it close to her sister's face.

Celena crinkled her nose and pushed the girl's hand away. "I'm allergic! You know this!"

"And I don't care!!"

"I see how it. When I die, you're going to miss me, and you're going to be stuck with these people," Celena gestured at their family who wasn't paying any attention to them. "And you're going to go crazy."

Atlas rolled her eyes, and took a bite of the egg. "Firstly, I'm not going to miss you because I'm gonna end my shit right after you die, and that's on abuelita's grave. Secondly, I'm going crazy living with these people every single day, I don't think I can become any crazier."

"Hey!" their aunt; Maggie butted in. "I'm offended. I thought if you loved anyone one of us, it's me. I thought I was your favourite tía," she pouted.

The sisters, odd enough, laughed at the same time. It was a thing that they did, although they weren't twins, there were times that they would get mistaken for twins. And even though they'd deny it, there would be times that they would say the same thing at the exact time. Which would, both freak out and amaze people.

"I don't have a favourite tía," Atlas and Celena said at the same time, causing them to laugh. "Twin moment!" They both raised a hand and high-fived each other.

"The two of you, are the literal worst," Maggie sighed heavily. "What are you two doing today? Valentina and Valeria wanted to watch a movie with you guys."

They shrugged.

"I was thinking about wallowing in self pity," Atlas responded, as she continued to eat her breakfast.

"I was going to watch tv because my homework is a Sunday problem, so I'm down to watch a movie as long as it's not stupid," Celena said as she finished her breakfast and began drinking her hot chocolate.

"You watch stupid shit all the time," Atlas commented. "For starters; HGTV."

Celena scoffed loudly. "Don't you dare take the name of HGTV in vain! I learn different ways to decorate, and to flip homes. Like how else am I going to know that granite tabletops make a kitchen pop? There's literally nothing stupid in that. Unlike you and Spongebob."