Chapter 35

Alanna's POV

Our tongues glided together, not in a slow and gentle kiss, but in a passionate kiss that had my whole body igniting with flames. When his lips trailed down to my neck, he started sucking on my sweet spot and I couldn’t help the moan of his name which escaped my parted lips. After what felt like ages his lips reattached back to mine and the battle for dominance began again; it was a battle he undoubtedly won.

The kiss came to a slow and sweet stop but I wanted it to continue simply because I didn’t want to think about it. What just happened was wrong, we both knew that, and neither one of us wanted to face the consequences that will come because of it.

This was my heaven. The taste of his lips were more addictive than any illegal substance I had ever tried and the feel of his hands moving down my sides had my whole body humming in pleasure.

However all good things have to come to an end and I soon learnt that an action which happens in the heat of the moment you will always regret once the moment disappears.  As I looked into Zayn’s magnificent hazel eyes there was only one emotion that I could decipher.  

Regret.

 I let my eyes trailed back down to the floor as I sighed and I pretended not to notice the way his hands clenched as I did so. I swallowed hard and tried my best not to think about the position we had just been in just a few seconds ago or the mind blowing kiss we just shared, because quite clearly he didn’t feel the same.

“That,” He took a breath. “That shouldn’t have happened.”

“I know.” I said simply.

“I-,” He stopped short seemingly at a loss for words and to be honest so was I.

“That shouldn’t have happened.” I repeated his previous words.

“Correct.”

“That really shouldn’t have happened,” My voice was rising. “What did you do that for?”

“Me? It takes two to tango sweetheart.” He said his voice rising too.

“I know!” I exclaimed. “But I was just crying a second ago that was not the time!”

“You didn’t have to kiss me back!”

“I know I didn’t.” I lowered my voice. “Why didn’t you even do that?”

“I . . . don’t know.” He said as he looked anywhere but me.

“You don’t know?” I scoffed.

A look I didn’t like flashed through his eyes. “Actually I do know.”

His lips pulled up in a sinister smirk as I awaited his answer with a certain kind of caution that I never thought I would have to use around him.

The smirk was still present. “I felt sorry for you.”

I physically recoiled from him as if he slapped me like Demetri did last night. I bit my lip to keep all my emotions on the inside; refusing to give him the satisfaction of crying in front of him. Never in my life had I felt so used before and it stung more than I expected. Unfortunately that’s when I knew.

I liked him way more than I should.

That fact just added insult to injury and I reprimanded myself for having an epiphany just after those words flew out of his mouth. I glared at him but didn’t utter a single word, feeling oddly embarrassed even though it wasn’t my fault. I believed every single word that was coming out of his mouth; no part of me held a flicker of hope that his words wasn’t true, because it was clear that they were.