Chapter 30

Zayn’s POV

She just walked away from me. Again.

I tried to bite back the frustration as I noticed that Finn was shaken up. I was surprised that Alanna had been so harsh to him, considering they used to be like siblings, but I guessed that Finn didn’t like the fact that she was an original and that’s what got them into this situation in the first place.

“I can’t believe I said that,” Finn repeated for the thousandth time to himself.  He was rocking back and forth and it was times like this you got to see his true age and not the age he acted like most of the time.

I sighed and crouched down so I was on eye level with him. Over time I had grown quite a fondness for the boy and I didn’t like seeing him so distressed. “What did you say?”

“I practically said that I hated her,” He sniffed. “I didn’t even let her explain.”

I smiled sadly. “You’re not the only one that’s jumped to conclusions kid.”

“Yeah but I knew what happened with Greg and that she wasn’t responsible for it,” He laughed dryly. “But when she said that I just saw one of them.”

“How long have you known that Greg was Niall’s brother?”

“A while.” He muttered his eyes downcast.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” I growled.

“Oh yeah I should have told you in between Niall saying how he’d kill the whore without a thought and you all agreeing with him,” Finn replied sarcastically. “Great idea.”

He had a point; if I was in that situation I doubt I would have told anyone. “You’re right.”

It was silent for a few moments as I contemplated whether or not I should have gone after her. It would be easier to get answers out of her if she was physically here but I didn’t want to force her into anything. There was a deep set anger behind her usually calm blue eyes that quite frankly scared me.

“What should we do now?” Harry asked breaking the quiet.

I sighed helplessly. “I honestly don’t know.”

Finn started chewing on his bottom lip nervously. “Alanna told me something as she was convincing me to come back.”

“What?”

He didn’t look like he knew whether or not to tell me. “He said that-,” He paused suddenly.

“Finn if I don’t know what’s going on then I can’t possibly even try to help her can I?” I coaxed. “Trust me. Alanna needs help even if she doesn’t want to acknowledge it, both sides are after her and she hasn’t got any protection Finn, it’s only a matter of time till someone finds her.” 

My words seemed to have got to him but I could tell he needed a little more persuading. “I just want to help her.”

I didn’t know if that last sentence was true.

Finn gulped. “She said that they were all just abused in foster care.” He paused watching my face closely. “And that your Uncle was the one that carried out the abuse.”

Alanna’s POV

I settled on a hotel to spend the rest of the night. I paid with the money I’d found in Christy’s coat pocket, the one that I had borrowed, and I had no idea why she had over three hundred pounds in her coat pocket but I figured that’s what rich people do.

I sighed as I leaned back on the rather luxurious bed that I had for the night. I knew I should be conserving money but at that moment I couldn’t care less as it was 2 o’clock in the morning and I just wanted somewhere nice to rest.