Chapter 13: Late Night Dining

Start from the beginning

Leo pulled away with a slight blush. He grabbed her hand and led her over to a sofa in the corner.

"Sit," he said gently pushing her onto the cushion.

"But I need to work."

The male plopped beside the girl.

"Shh," he said putting his arm around her. "Just relax." (Y/n) protested, but she could feel herself give in. A quick rest sounded nice. And god knows her body needed it. (Y/n) relaxed into the cushion, leaning her head on the male's shoulder. She hoped he didn't mind.

Leo's heart sped up. He couldn't deny his attraction towards the girl. She was just so perfect.  He watched her eyes close, and his gaze drifted down. He tightened is fists. Someone had hurt (Y/n). He would make sure that nobody ever touched her. Well--except himself of course.

-----------------------------------------------------

(Y/n) stirred in her sleep. Her eyes moved rapidly in her dream state. The female jolted awake. There it was again: that familiar sense of dread. (Y/n) turned her head towards the male beside her. She hadn't meant to fall asleep, but her body just acted on her own. A cool breeze blew through the window. The room was cold and dark. (Y/n) got up from the sofa and reached for the blanket draped across the back. Leo was still sound asleep. (Y/n) debated whether or not she should wake him up.

No, I'll let him sleep. He looks so peaceful, (Y/n) decided. She wrapped the blanket around his body and left. There was no point in trying to clean the room. It was already too late.

When she stepped out of the library, it became apparent to the (h/c) haired girl just how late it actually was. There was no sound in the halls. Everything was eerily quiet. (Y/n) turned the corner letting out a silent scream when she bumped into someone.

"Gosh, you scared me," (Y/n) exclaimed. Ellis looked up at the girl. His eyes lingered on her neck.

"My bad," he said in his signature monotone voice. (Y/n) wondered if he was going to ask about her injury, but to her surprise he said nothing. Ellis didn't need to ask. He already knew.

(Y/n)'s stomach let out a loud grumble. The girl looked down in embarrassment. It occurred to her that she hadn't eaten all day. To make it worse, it was too late to grab anything from the kitchen.

Ellis gave her an odd look. "Eat with me," he said suddenly catching the girl off guard.

"What?" (Y/n) asked thinking she had misheard him.

"Eat with me," he said in a clipped tone. "Clearly you're hungry. Besides, I could use a late night snack." (Y/n) nodded in agreement. Some food did sound nice.

Ellis turned on his heel and began walking away. (Y/n) had trouble keeping up with his long strides, but he made no move to slow down for her. Before she knew it, they were in front a vaguely familiar door.

Where have I seen this before? (Y/n) asked herself. She tried to remember, but she just couldn't.

Nevertheless, she walked in to the room. By the looks of it, it was an office. There was a large desk in the middle of the room, and a small sofa leaning against the wall. (Y/n) took a seat on the sofa.

While the room was fully furnished, there was a distinct lack of character. There were no photos, no painting, no nothing. The lack of personality made the room seem unwelcoming.

Ellis watched the female as she took in his office. He hadn't planned on inviting her to eat with him. The words had just spilled out of his mouth. He found it odd. He never said things without thinking, so why did he with her?