Chapter 2. Identity.

Start from the beginning

"Hey! What's up, you guys?" Meliodas lifted his hand in a wave as he walked up to the people standing in a circle, "What's this festival for?" He asked, earning an annoyed groan from one of the men.

"Does this look like a damn festival to you?!" He shouted in anger, gesturing to the middle where at least thirty men were trying to pull out a sword from the ground, "We're trying to pull out a sword that a Holy Knight jabbed into the ground!"

"He stuck it in the ground? Why?" Y/n asked the man, her voice monotone.

"The other day, we incurred the wrath of this Holy Knight." A old man stated behind the cloaked, making her turn around to see the head of the village, "He infused the sword with mana, pierced the ground, and locked away the water under our village."

"Holy Knight? Could it be that man that you defeated the other day?" Elizabeth asked, looking at the two travelers.

"The mustache guy? Not a chance." The hooded girl said with her arms crossed, Meliodas nodded in agreement with the mysterious person, "He wasn't a Holy Knight. Trust me, the real once are a lot worse."

Y/n's (e/c) orbs were focused on the panting men, who had struggled to get the sword out just seconds before. It hadn't moved an inch.

If it continues, this village will die out.

Y/n sighed in response to Haku, she could use some of Vanya's ale.

"Only a Holy Knight has the power necessary to draw a sword belonging to another." The man looked down at the ground, a sad expression on his old face, "Breaking the news isn't going to be easy, but I'm afraid this village is done for."

A scoff sounded between Y/n and Meliodas before a little boy walked in between them, making his way to the middle of the crowd, "What's the deal with all this moaning and groaning?" The boy with orange hair asked, placing his hands on his hips.

"It's Mead!"

"A Holy Knight's sword stuck in the ground is nothing!" The little boy responded, "If my buddies, the Seven Deadly Sins were here, that sword would be gone by now!"

"Quiet, Mead!" A woman in her late forties shouted at the boy, "And whose fault is it that we're in this mess to begin with?! Do you have to mention the criminals, too?!"

"She's right! Don't make the Holy Knight angrier!" A man shouted at the boy, it didn't take long before people started shouting at the young boy, who was gritting his teeth.

A rock was thrown at the boy, but it missed and hit Y/n right in the face, leaving a red mark, "Haku!" Elizabeth shouted, lifting her hands to her chest.

"Humph! I hate you guys!"

"Yeah, well we hate you even more, Mead!" A boy shouted before several children threw rocks at him. Y/n pulled him by the shirt, leading him to the tavern while the rocks hit her body instead of his, "Why are they hitting me?"

"Well, I've definitely done things that sucked less..." Y/n voiced her opinion once they entered the tavern, Mead took a seat at one of the tables.

"Tell me, kid, why did they all-"

"Don't call me that." Mead complained, his head slumping on the table.

"What is this? A tavern?" The kid asked, looking around. Y/n nodded, walking over to the counter, where Yakul stood with an empty sack of corns, "You greedy animal." She grumbled, throwing the sack on the floor.

"Wait.... Is that really a red elk?!" The child asked, his eyes wide in wonder as Y/n petted the elk.

"Yeah."