Chapter 2. Identity.

Start from the beginning

"E-Excuse me... Sir Meliodas?" The girl stuttered, turning to the blonde, but not without nervously eyeing the eating Yakul, "There's a couple of things I've been wanting to ask you." She said, making the boy turn around to face her.

"Y/n. Do you know where she is? It's just, my father used to tell me stories about the Seven Deadly Sins and her being friends." She nervously asked.

At the topic, Meliodas decided to turn her back to the silver haired girl, "Actually, only her friends got to call her by her name, you shouldn't." He crossed his arms, looking directly down in the counter, pain visible in his green eyes, "Besides, she's, um, not here anymore."

"You mean she used to be at the tavern?" Elizabeth asked with hope in her eyes, Y/n leaned forward, the topic of herself interesting her.

"She's not here anymore, Elizabeth. She's dead." The blonde stated, lowering his head to make his blonde locks cover his eyes, which, unbeknownst to he others, turned teary by the memory.

That one girl was always his vulnerable point, and every person close to him would know by the fact of how fast he turned glum.

Y/n frowned under her hood, it was the first time she had seen Meliodas sad after her death, she had kept an eye on him and the rest of the Sins the best she could, but they kept moving and eventually lost track of them.

If Meliodas reacted this way by the simple mentioning of her name, how did the other Sins react, how are they coping in this solely moment.

I'm sure they're fine. And if not, they will be once they find out you are alive.

Or they'll hate me for eternity.

Nah, I doubt that. You are part of their family.

"Oh, we're here!" Meliodas said in a cheery voice once he felt Hawk's Mom stopping, his behavior changing in an instant, "Our next source of information, Vanya Village!"

~No one's P.O.V~

They began their trip down to the village, Yakul left behind to watch the bar - more likely to finish the corns - by himself.

"I usually buy all my liquor wherever I can find it, but Vanya's stuff is special!" Meliodas spoke with his hands in his pockets as they walked over a bridge, "The best vine you can find is here in this village. And the gruit growing along the river is used to brew Vanya ale. It got fans far and wide!"

"Well, it used to. But that famous water of theirs has gone dry." Hawk said, looking over the bridge, causing the others to stop.

The river beneath them no longer a river, but mud, "The herbs along the bank are withered, too." Elizabeth said, causing Y/n to frown.

She had been there only a few days before she got to Cains, nothing was wrong by then.

"I wonder what's going on." Meliodas stated as they once again began to walk towards the village.

The Third Princess of Liones let out a squeal, clapping her hands happily together once they got to the center of the village, seeing the villagers in the square of the village, "Just look at all the people out here at the square! Do you think it's some kind of festival?"

Y/n crossed her arms, "Doubt it." She stated once she heard the shouts of the frustrated people, along with grunts and groans from the middle of them. They seemed a little to angry for a festival.