58: A Taste of Jealousy

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Why did that hurt so much? I wondered confused.

So he’s with some skank. It’s to be expected. I rushed down the hall towards my locker. The halls were empty and I grabbed my camera before turning and heading for the photography room. Class didn’t start for another ten minutes.

He’s my brother. Stop being so jealous.  I tried shaking the image of him from my mind. It wouldn’t leave. Step-brother. And not even a step-brother yet. My brain reminded me.

I fell on my ass as I ran into someone my mind too busy with the image of Kale being stripped of his black school shirt. “Sorry.” I mumbled looking up embarrassed as I quickly got to my feel. Kale. I almost yelped in mortification as I noticed it was him.

What is he doing in the photo room? Wasn’t he busy? “We need to talk.” Kale said quickly, obviously out of breath, grabbing me by my wrist and pulling me through the room. We were the only two in there.

“About?” I asked as he pulled me into the darkroom closing the door behind him.

“Why won’t you talk to me?” he demanded switching on the dull overhead light just bright enough for us to see each other. I noticed I was backed up against an empty table and shifted uncomfortably.

“I don’t understand you Kale.” I hissed towards him. Why am I mad? “One minute you insult me and the next you want to be friends. I think we are getting along and you start up the name calling and we’re fighting again.” Oh yeah, that’s why.

“Rein I-“

“I don’t like being toyed with and I’m not going to put up with it. Us not talking means that we won’t have any fights. It’s better that way.” No it’s not. I miss talking to you. You’re a jerk but still. . . It surprised me that I felt like that. For some reason I couldn’t help but missing his annoying but amusing ways.

“I’m not toying with you. I just. . . I overreact a little at times.”

Kale inched towards me until he was so close I could feel his breath on my face. “Overreact is the understatement of the year.” I muttered looking away.

“Look I’m not trying to start another fight.” He sighed and ran a hand over his medium blonde hair. “I’m sorry, okay? I was wrong to call you those things.”

“You were.” I agreed, still looking away. “Why’d you do it?”

He sighed. “I don’t like it when you are alone with other guys.”

“Not everyone is out to hurt me you know. I can fend for myself. I know I messed up and it won’t happen again if there ever is a next time.”

Kale shook his head. “That’s not what I mean.”

“Then what do you mean?”

“I get jealous. I never get jealous.” He said the words slowly. “I don’t like it either. It’s not a good feeling.”

I was quiet. Jealous? Of what? He hates me. Why would he want to spend time with me?  “I know if I was spending that time with you in place of them I’d be trying to win you over. Seeing all of the guys go at you. . . well it pisses me off.”

“Why?” I asked softly not sure if I wanted to know the answer.

“I want you.” 

I want you too Kale. The words bounced around in my head but wouldn’t come from my mouth. They didn’t have to.

Before I knew it Kale leaned down and kissed me. His hands grabbing onto my love handles he easily picked me up and set me ontop of the table I had been pressed against. To my horror I kissed him back. Our mouths locked together as he held me against him his hands slowly wrapping around me.

His strong hands were warm against me as he pulled me closer. One hand found it’s way up to my head and his fingers tangled themselves in my hair as they held my head still keeping his lips on mine.

In my chest my heart beat fast as adrenaline pulsed into my veins.  Oh my god what am I doing? I wondered but couldn’t stop myself as his tongue slid into my mouth and I did nothing to fight it. Tingles shot through my body and I had to fight the urge to kiss him deeper.

A loud knock sounded on the door and I pulled away as I was snapped back into reality. That fucking asshole is playing with me again! I came to the conclusion as I pushed him off of me and scooted down off the table.

“I’m not a toy now stop trying to mess with me.” I breathed harshly as I pushed past him and towards the door. Kale had to have been toying with me. There was no other explanation I could come up with for him kissing me like that. I ran a hand through my hair to straighten it and opened the door with a fake smile.

Playboy - Gene & Debbie