"They're both furry, large and deadly. It makes no difference to me," Kai leans his head backwards, turning to face Rory. "What I mean is, is that you deserve... I don't know, someone better."

Rory gnaws on her bottom lip. "You know, I'd like to think that too," she picks on the edge of her nail. "And I think... I think I did have someone that could've treated me right. But I left him," Rory exhales. "Because I was still in love with Klaus. And then he got so mad and... and hated me," Rory squints her eyes. "So much that he... he asked me to compel every single one of his memories with me away. I mean, it's not like I blame him. It still hurts, though."

"I don't know much about love. Never really felt it, anyway, so it's not like I can give you advice," Kai responds. "But I can say this; if that guy wanted to forget you, then he's a complete dumbass."

Rory scoffs. "I saved him a lifetime of hurt,"

"True. I've come to acknowledge that many people that have relationships with you tend to end up dead," Kai nods. Rory spares him a baleful glance. "But with me being the exception... knowing you is pretty great. You're fun. You know how to laugh. You're really special."

"I think that's the nicest thing you've ever said to me," Rory smiles at him.

"Really? You mean the five hundred text messages calling you the worst friend in the world wasn't nice?" Kai jokingly asks.

Rory giggles, nudging her foot out to kick his leg in a joking manner. She sighs, leaning her head against Kai's shoulder and curls up against his chest. She's getting sleepy—a normal side effect to when she smokes. Kai wraps his arm around her shoulder, tugging on the tips of her hair lightly.

Rory examines the golden ring around her finger. "I can't believe I'm a member of the Strix," she murmurs. She twists the ring, seeing the inscription of an owl staring back at her. "They look so... I don't know. They look like Elijah. All of them; so put together and proper and cool."

"I don't think Elliot is cool at all," Kai responds.

"Do you get people's names wrong on purpose?" Rory looks up at him, resting her chin against his chest. "Because I'm pretty sure you referred to Klaus and Elijah by their actual names earlier."

Kai shrugs. "Just the ones that I think aren't worth knowing. Plus, it totally adds on to my bad boy charm, doesn't it?"

"You are the opposite of a bad boy. You sleep with a teddy bear,"

"Okay, but I also murdered my entire family,"

"Damn. I keep forgetting about that,"

Kai places his finger against the tip of Rory's nose. "Exactly," he grins.

Rory pushes herself into a standing position, wobbling on her feet lightly. She holds her arm out, wriggling her fingers. "Come on, I'm tired. Blood is drying and its gross," she says. Kai takes her hand, letting her pull him into a standing position.

"Tonight was pretty successful," Kai slings an arm over Rory's shoulder as they leave the frat house without a second glance backwards.

"I'd say so," Rory wraps an arm around his midsection as they walk down the street back towards the Abattoir. "Not bad for a first party, huh?" Rory looks up at him, wiggling her eyebrows.

Kai ruffles her hair with his free hand. "Not bad at all, Ruby,"

He lets out a shout of pain as Rory's leg shoots out to kick the back of his knee, stumbling to the ground.

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

Rory wakes up already dreading the day. She managed to get home and take a shower, haphazardly throwing a large t-shirt over herself and stumbling out into the guest room to sleep on her own. This is the first time in a few months that she hadn't woke up next to her boyfriend. She already misses his presence, misses feeling his lips against her skin as soon as her eyes peel open.