Chapter 13: Possession

Stepping out of the emergency room, I decided to call Kelly in hopes of her taking my children for a short while, once again. Rose and Talion both believe that our kids are not safe here. Remembering what Dan said to me before we left, I agree with my husband.

If he ever hurt them, I could never forgive myself.

Talking with my sister, she agreed as well and is already searching for a flight to California. Kelly would never let me down. I know this, but I hate asking her for more help.

When she calls me back, we make a plan to get my kids away from here. Once she arrives, we will meet at the airport and my kids will return with her.

With the weather, the pandemic, and everything else going on, I'm glad I can rely on my sister.

Walking back into the room, I go to him and hold my husband's hand. He looks so sad, and my heart hurts. Talion is very confused and I know how he's feeling.

My sweet husband is not going to be happy about staying here, but I think we are all safer this way. Keeping Talion in the hospital, he will be watched here, and then I can figure out what is going on back at the house. If Dan shows up, I can defend myself against him and not have to worry about Talion or the kids getting involved.

"Sweetheart, I called my sister and Kelly is coming to get the kids," I say as he looks at me.

He replies, "Why in the world would you do that? They are going to miss school! Cece, I know things are a little weird lately, but once I get out of here, we can get to the bottom of this madness."

Watching him, I then explain, "You are worried about them missing school? Baby, I'm afraid for their lives! If Dan is still alive, then he knows the twins are our weakness. The last thing I want is for the kids to leave again, but can we honestly protect them? Dan is evil, and he knows that I tried to kill him. Knowing Dan, as we do, will he forgive me? No, that man will make me pay for all I did and the fact that we ruined his plan."

"Wait, none of this makes sense... He died, Cece. I saw him being pulled down into hell. As for what just happened, I'm not sure if that was a dream, or what, but it wasn't real obviously. It never happened. You and Rose are fine, so it was just a horrible dream. I've been so stressed out and overworked, so maybe I was sleepwalking or something. Why do you believe Dan is alive?" He asks.

"Because you are alive! Think about it, sweetheart, I brought you back and maybe he tagged along." I state as he stares into my eyes.

Talion then says, "Alright, it is possible, but doubtful. I saw him get dragged into hell, as I rose, so in my mind, he is gone forever."

"So, you believe what you saw and dreamed of, but I can't believe what I saw and believe?" This is my response, as he looks at the bruises on my wrists.

He's quiet for a moment and then says, "Alright... I didn't want to believe any of this, but how can I not? Maybe Dan is back in one way or another and we'll have to fight him once more. I love you Cece and I've been a fool to ignore your warnings."

Twisting my wedding band around, I reply, "You are no fool, my love. I didn't want to believe any of this, either. The next step is looking at that video to see what happened to you last night. I doubt you walked out of the house naked, so how did you get to the barn?"

He replies, "Well, there is an access tunnel from the house to the horse stalls, but why would I do that to myself? It's down in the basement, under the stairs, behind the old armoire."

"Seriously! You're just telling me this now! Maybe that's how Dan has been getting in and out of the house. Shit!" I shout as he stares at me.

"I'll call Jaxon to board it up. God, I'm an idiot. I am so sorry Cece, it just never occurred to me, until now." He explains, with sadness in his voice.