Chapter 8: The Town

Walking downstairs, I see my kids in the large living room, sitting by the fire, and they both run over to me. Their faces are happy and this makes me smile. Before they say a word, I know that Talion made sure their rooms were set up for our kids. I overheard him talking to Jaxon or Rose the other day and telling them to paint her room pink.

"Mom, you have got to come with me and see my room. I feel like a princess! It is amazing!" Ella says as Rose walks out of the kitchen with a glass of wine for me.

Luke says, "No mom... Mom, you have got to see mine first! There is an entire entertainment center up there and I've got a laptop, an Xbox, and a smart TV. There is a basketball hoop, and it's crazy!"

"Alright, let's go look!" I say excitedly.

Rose hands me a beautiful glass of red, and she smiles. Taking my hand, the kids and I walk back up the stairs. Reaching the top, my children let go and run, while giggling to their rooms. They are so thrilled and I could not be happier.

Following them, I get to Ella's room first and she runs in the door. Spinning in the center of this giant hot pink room, I see that our daughter is ecstatic about her bedroom.

As she shows me the most important features of her room, I notice that her closet is almost empty, so I'll need to correct that little problem rather quickly.

Guess I'll be doing some shopping today. I highly doubt Talion or Rose knew her size, and that's just fine. My little one loves looking for clothes. I just have to find out where the stores are around here.

"Wow, this room was made for a princess! I love the 4-poster bed and the pink flowery sheers. Look at that dressing table!" I say as she gleams.

"Look mommy, I have a tv and an Xbox and even a computer too! This room is perfect!" Ella says happily.

Part of me wonders if she noticed that before. Granted, it's tucked into the corner, but Ella is not into all of that, like our son, Luke. Speaking of which, he is standing by the door patiently waiting to show me his room.

"This is perfect, Ella, now we just need to get you some clothes," I state as she nods.

Then I add, "Okay, let's go see Luke's room."

With a big smile, my son turns and runs down to his room. We both follow, and I notice that there is a large bathroom between their rooms.

Perfect! What was Talion so worried about?

As he opens the door, our son looks mighty please with his new personal space.

"Oh Luke, this is so cool! You have your own basketball court! I love this and we need to tell Daddy thank you for doing this for you both."

With a nod, he goes to look in his closet as well, and it's empty.

Guess they both need to go shopping with me.

"Alright, let's get ready to go find you both some clothes," I say and then see the looks.

Knowing their thoughts, I add, "So, neither one of you wants to go with me?"

"Can we stay here? I want to check out this room some more." Luke says sweetly.

Ella adds, "You know our sizes, and I want to play with my new toys. Maybe tomorrow?"

They are thrilled, so I nod and decide to go out on my own to get a few outfits.

Probably just as well, and that will give me time to get some things for myself. I'd like to pick out my own clothes, not that I don't appreciate what Rose did for me.