Chapter 5: Disillusioned

Having another bad day, I could feel the tensions in this house rising. It's been a few days since all of that went on and we are still dealing with Luke's attitude. Then, this afternoon, Ella was being very nasty to Talion, all of a sudden. She was snippy to him and being a "new" dad, he let it go on until I put my foot down. My little girl and I were going to have a chat in her room and then I was heading next door to Luke's, for one-on-one as well.

Yes, they are going through a lot, but that is no reason to act nasty towards me or their dad.

Getting up, I walk to the stairs and see Talion coming towards me. He looks very melancholy, and this needs to end now.

"Baby, wait. Please don't go up there and yell at her. She is just trying to work this all out in her mind. On one hand, she lost her dad. Yet here I am. Just give it time." He says, and that's sweet, but she's being disrespectful.

I reply, "No, this needs to be nipped in the bud immediately. My kids need to be straightened out, and that's what I'm going to do."

"Please don't, just give them time." He says and then grabs my arm.

I reply, "Talion, I'm not going up there to beat them. I just want to talk this out and get to the reason why they've decided to treat you so horribly. I'll be right back."

Seeing the look on my face, he lets me go.

Walking into Ella's room, she is laying on her bed and doesn't even see me enter, because she's playing on her iPad.

When did we get her one of those, I wonder?

"Ella, we need to talk about how you've been treating daddy. You've been very snarky with him and there is never any reason to treat an adult that way." I say sternly.

She looks at me and asks, "What do you know about him, mom? Where has he been all this time? Where is our daddy?"

Oh boy, this is going to be hard...

"Sweetheart, that is your daddy and the man, before was his brother. We talked about all of this and that man was bad. Ella, he just pretended to be your daddy. As for what I know about Talion, well... he makes me happy. Your real father treats me wonderfully and he loves us all very much. Your dad has missed you and it's not nice when you disrespect him that way." I reply.

Ella says angrily, "Where is the guy I called dad?"

"Dan, the man pretending to be your father has died. He built a bomb, then it went off, and he died. I'm so sorry that this is so confusing, but it's true." I say as she stares at me.

My daughter says matter-of-factly, "Whatever, I guess that's the only information you are willing to share, but I don't trust that guy downstairs."

Trying to control my emotions, I say, "That is your father and you better start treating him better, young lady. I love him and he loves all of us. It will take time for this to make sense, but that man downstairs making us dinner, is your father."

She stands up and says, "Do you know what Dantalion means, mother? He's a powerful Great Duke of Hell! There is all this stuff that I don't understand, but Luke says it's bad."

"That is enough, Ella. Where did Luke get his information?" I ask as she hands me her iPad.

"Here you go, mom. You might want to read up on our family before anything else happens. Check out our last name too. Then there's our grandma and grandpa. It's all in there. Just so you know, Luke is really upset and so am I, mother." She says while walking out the door.