I looked at him as he gave me an easy smile. And I wondered if he had the same thoughts deep inside him. A deep longing, like me. The longing to be more than an eye candy to people. I wondered if he had a skeleton in the closet too, or if he had someone special in his mind.

I offered to accompany Enrique back so if Johnny was there we'd face him together. But he declined. "I'll just text Oliver and ask him to cover up."

So I wished him luck and headed to my own suite. Somehow I wasn't angry with Kai. Not at all. Instead I got goose bumps when I thought about him. I thought about his deep voice, the slight Russian undertone in his voice and his choppy speech. I thought about the crimson tint of his eyes and the lopsided smile he'd reserved for me. I thought about his heavy breathing when he rescued me from Tala. And his wincing when he got the insect bites. I recalled his order when we sneaked out to eat. And how he challenged me to even think about paying that night.

I thought about how much I liked him.

And that made me afraid. I hadn't had a crush on a boy since fourth grade. And fourth grade... my heart's intensity to fall for someone had increased in the years.

It made me afraid and nervous.
I knew if I said I liked him he would be overjoyed. I knew how much boys liked him. No doubt.

But...What if he laughed at me, ridiculed me like everyone else when he would find out how damaged I am?

I put the key in the keyhole, turned the golden knob and stepped inside, exhausted. I was afraid I would come face to face with my brother, but no. Johnny wasn't there.

Kai was.

He was lying on the suede brown sofa, his forearm covering his eyes; he was snoring ever so slightly. I carried my heels to the room to prevent noise and quickly changed to comfy cotton pyjamas. I put my hair in a bun and picked a spare doll-print comforter.

In the hall, I put the comforter on Kai and removed his hand from his eyes. He rolled over to his side to get comfortable. I dimmed the lights and got up.

I opened the mini fridge in the hall and picked up candies and a can of soda. I was searching for something more when I heard my name being spoken in a murmur.

"Nikita... When did you get back?" Kai rubbed his eyes and sat straight.

"Fifteen minutes ago, I guess." I closed the fridge and turned around.

"Oh..." He hesitated for a second too long then nodded. "Can I talk to you for a while?"

"Sure..."

"Here. Sit." He motioned to the recliner opposite to him.

I opened a can of Coke and sat. "Okay go on."

"Did Johnny find you?" He asked. I choked a little. Admittedly I knew he was the one who told Johnny of our location. He was the only one who knew after all. But I didn't expect him to be so direct.

"No. No he didn't. We made it out before he could spot us."

"Good"— before he could finish I interrupted him.

"Why did you tell him Kai?" I asked. It wasn't an angry demand. It was a genuine question. I wanted to know.

"I don't— I don't like seeing you get close with other guys. And that's happened second time in two consecutive days." He was telling only the partial truth but half truth is better than a lie. Right?

"Well then... Am I a friend to you?" I asked him getting an idea.

Johnny trusted Kai. There'd be no problem.

"Yes." He said. "You are a friend."

"Then be my friend with benefits and you won't see me with other guys." I said. I gave him a bemused smirk. However hard I wished, he was bound to take it as a joke.

Kai's POV

I stared as she spoke. She kept leaning closer with each word.

"Then be my friend with benefits and you won't see me with other guys." She said. She gave me a challenging smirk. Did she think I would back out? If yes then Nikita you have a thing coming.

"If that's what it takes." I said standing up.

"What?!" She yelped in surprise as I caught her chin, forcing her to look up.

"You should speak what you mean and mean what you speak comrade." I pulled her close for a hug that would satisfy my body, for tonight.

She kissed my collarbone, smiling against the skin.

"Tomorrow morning and your gonna forget all the boys you ever looked at!" I growled in her ear and let her go. She turned on her heel and walked to get room muttering a dazed GOODNIGHT.

I crawled back on the sofa in her comforter, forgetting my room.

She was going to be with me. Only me. My mind was fuzzy that night. But a good kind of fuzz.

Finally one chapter with the pairing being all s(m)exy!!
Comment your thoughts, vote ⭐ and share.

This is Marina, one of my fav singers. I got my idea of Nikita's appearance from her. (With the heart tattoo, considering Nikita has one too).
This is how Nikita looks in my mind, but with darker skin and purple hair.