chapter 2 ~ 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒘𝒆 𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒉𝒆𝒓?

Start from the beginning

     "No," Jimin whined, wrapping his arm around my waist and plopping me back in the center of the group. I glared up at the ceiling, not wanting to be there. I began to feel uneasy, my breathing growing rapid as thoughts of being forced to sleep on the streets flitted through my head. Jimin cleared his throat before continuing to speak. "She's not a sasaeng. She's hurt, cold, wet, and tired. We both are. So just...not now, please?"

     Taehyung's eyes softened as he took a step towards Jimin and embraced him. He pulled away and grabbed Jimin's face, squishing his cheeks to where the poor man couldn't see. "Where are you hurt?" he asked calmly. Jimin lifted his hand to reveal bruised knuckles, then ran a finger along the left side of his jaw where Soomin had punched him. Taehyung turned and glared at me again, and I turned away, feeling guilty. I rubbed the few scratches along my wrists and the backs of my hands, thinking of how minor my injuries were compared to Jimin's. I could almost hear the sickening crack that came from Jimin's jaw the moment Soomin's fist made contact.

     "We'll get you all patched up, okay," Taehyung cooed, planting a kiss on Jimin's forehead. My eyes widened in shock. He's gay. I stared down at the floor, not sure about what to do with myself, beginning to pick at the skin on my left hand between my thumb and index finger out of habit. All the while Jungkook glared at me from the kitchen, his shoulder resting against the wall. I glanced up at him and immediately looked away. He looked intimidating as hell, and I felt frustration flowing off him in waves.

     "So she's a stray."Jungkook's words bounced around my head like a loose pinball in its machine. Maybe I am, I thought to myself. I felt like crying out of frustration, fear, and the feeling of euphoria at no longer having to deal with Yura's bullshit, but now wasn't the time for that. 

     "Yumin-ah?"

     I looked up at the sound of Jimin's voice and found him watching me worriedly. I stopped messing with my hands and turned more towards him, away from Jungkook. "Are you hurt?" he asked me. I shrugged and flipped my hands, palms down, so he could see where the chipped brick and cement of the building I had been pressed against had eaten away at parts of my hand. He made a noise in the back of his throat before asking, "Anywhere else?" I shrugged again, and this time he made for the front of his coat which I still pressed close around me. "W-wait," I stuttered, pressing myself against the wall of the hallway. "What're you doing?"

     He pressed his index finger against my stomach and asked again, "Anywhere else?" 

     "No."

     Taehyung scoffed from behind Jimin and walked off, turning and disappearing into the living room. Jungkook stood by a moment longer before following. "Maybe I should go," I muttered. 

     "Nonsense. You're staying here for as long as you need too."

     "I thought it was just for the night?" I looked up at Jimin, biting down on my bottom lip to keep it from shaking. I was soaking wet and desperately wanted to change into my onesie, curl up in a wool blanket, and watch Netflix. More than anything I just wanted someone to hold onto me and never let go.

     "You said you can't go back home or your ex would kill you, and I don't want you dead, so until you can find somewhere else..."

     I noticed Jimin spoke in a hushed tone. "They don't want me here, do they?" It was already obvious. I motioned towards the living room where Jungkook and Taehyung had disappeared. Their hostile behavior towards me made me want to go back outside into the rain and run. Jimin looked towards the living room then back at me, shaking his head slowly. "They're protective," he murmured. "But, just let them warm up to you. Might take a month or so-"