Chapter 15

By the time we made it back to the hotel it was nearing midnight. I was exhausted, my body aching from the physical labour. I was informed by Miss Jackson that tomorrow we would be travelling to Germany for another 2 day stint. Luckily we weren't flying till 4pm so I could have a good sleep tonight and pack up my things in the morning.

I threw myself face first onto my bed without even getting changed. It had only been 2 days, yet I was excited to have a day off to rest. I reached into my back pocket and pulled out my phone, finally switching it back on.

Aside from the earlier text from Miss Emily I had also received one from my mother:

"I hope everything's going well love. I just wanted to let you know that I'm 7 days sober! This is it this time. I promise. I love you. Speak soon xx"

I rolled my eyes. I had heard it all before. No matter how long she attended alcoholics anonymous or how long she stayed dry, she always turned back to the drink. Once an alcoholic, always an alcoholic right? I doubt that this time will be any different. I didnt reply to my mother and decided it was too late to text Miss Emily back, I would maybe use my break tomorrow to ring her.

I set my phone alarm for 11am as a precaution. I wanted to get as much sleep as I could while still making sure I wasnt late. I knew how important punctuality was to my mentor, and it was important to be on her good side. I grabbed my phone charger, which was plugged into the socket behind the bed side table, and made sure to put my phone on charge properly, before placing it down for the night.

I quickly got ready for bed, washing off my makeup, brushing my teeth and getting changed into my nighty. I admired the london skyline as I did the night before. This was my last night here so I made sure to take everything in, taking a mental picture and framing it in my mind. The stars twinkled in the dark nights sky, as I made my nightly wish: "I wish to feel less nervous around Taehyung." I whispered, as if people were listening. I didn't want anyone to know about the awkwardness that I felt around him. It was already getting in the way of my career and other people finding out would just make it worse, especially if they mistook my embarrassment for a crush. I thought back to Miss Jackson's rule about having non professional relationships with the members. I could now see why she had that rule. I could imagine a lot of girls falling for the boys as they were all very charismatic and not to mention beautiful, but to me they were just clients and I didnt want anyone thinking otherwise.

I clambered into bed after shutting the curtains and switching off the main light. I thought back over the past two days. Despite the mishap on the first day and the situation with Taehyung, I felt things were going pretty well. Aslong as I did what Miss Jackson asked and put in 110% of my effort, things could go well for me. I laid my head back onto my pillow as I imagined all of the oppurtunities that could arise through the internship. I dreamt of my name being known by makeup artists all over the world, of big name celebrities asking for me to be their personal MUA. I have big goals for someone who lacks so much in confidence.

I quickly fell into a deep sleep as I dreamt about the future. My mind fantasizing about my career aspirations, painting a vivid picture of myself as a world famous makeup artist. It was all I wanted in life. Everything I had ever dreamt about. Hopefully after the internship my dreams would become a reality...