Chapter 7

As soon as I realised what I had walked in on I began to apologise. "I'm so sorry I was uh I'm sorry" I stumbled over my words as I began to back out of the room.

"Hey, its Nicole!"
"Come have some food with us!"
"Yeah, let's get to know you!"

As I heard the shouts from the boys I almost fell backwards into the corridor from shock (and probably also the lack of food). I was lost for words at their invitation and slowly stepped back into the hair and makeup room.

"I was uh just looking for Miss Jackson, you havent happened to have seen her have you?" I asked quietly, embarrassed at my rude intrusion into their meal time.

"Shes probably on the phone to her friend, she does love to gossip that one" Jin laughed loudly with his mouth wide open. I was surprised at his words, I didnt see Miss Jackson as anything other than a stern professional with her mind set on her career but apparently there were more sides to her.

"She will probably come back here soon anyway to collect her things" Hoseok pointed over to Miss Jacksons makeup kit on the dressing table. "You may aswell come and sit with us while you wait for her!" 

"No um I really dont want to intrude, I..." I tried to politely decline their offer, I was shy enough with normal people, nevermind with 7 gorgeous worldwide superstars. As I spoke, Jimin who was now dressed comfortably in a large, oversized white hoodie and black jeans, stood up from his spot on the couch and reached out a hand to me. His hoodie covering almost to the end of his fingers. "We want you to stay Nicole, honest." He smiled gently as he grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the couch leading me to a gap inbetween a sleeping Yoongi and Namjoon, who was tucking into some sort of red noodle dish.

I guess this meant I was staying.

I carefully took my seat on the sofa and noticed that the table was now full of different types of food that I hadn't seen before. They must be korean dishes. The boys all held chopsticks in their hands and were all dipping into the different meals. I saw  a variety of different foods including pork, chicken, beef, rice, peppers, noodles and more. I suddenly remembered how hungry I was.

"So Nicole.." Jin started between mouthfuls of some sort of beef dish "have you got a boyfriend?"

I was taken aback by his sudden question. I was starting to realise that Jin was the cheeky flirt of the group and that I should probably get used to him asking questions like this. Yet still I didnt really know how to answer him. "I um well..."

"Stop embarrasing her Jin, of course she does." Taehyung jumped in before I had chance to think of what to say. I was shocked at Taehyungs assumption that I had a boyfriend. I could feel my cheeks starting to turn pink. I looked at Taehyung sat opposite me as he placed down his chopsticks and leaned back into the couch, placing an arm across the back of the seat.  Like Jimin, he was now too dressed in comfortable clothes. He wore a bright red jumper, black skinny trousers and a blue beret which covered his black curls. Even in his casual outfit he looked fashionable.

"I'm actually single, my career is really important to me and I think being in a relationship would just get in the way of that," I finally answered Jins question after I'd had time to think over what to say.

"Now that's a girl who thinks the same way as me," I jumped as Yoongi leant forward and grabbed a pair of chopsticks. He must have woken up in the last few minutes of me being sat here. "Ooh kimchi!" He squealed eagerly as his chopsticks dug into the food.

"You should try the bulgogi beef Yoongi, its delicious!" Jungkook finally took a break from eating to reccomend the dish to his band mate.

I was so hungry, and seeing all the boys eating was like torture. It was like he read my mind when Taehyung suggested: "You should try some too Nicole, you must be starving!"

"Oh no, I'm fine!" I lied, feeling too shy to accept the tempting offer. Just as I spoke my stomach growled
as if begging for food, refuting my previous statement.

Taehyung leaned forward, picking up his chopsticks and scooping up a large amount of noodles covered in some type of red sauce. "Have you ever tried Korean Ramen?" He asked. I shook my head as a no and Taehyung leaned over the coffee table towards me. "Open up" he requested, a cheeky grin on his face showing both his top and bottom teeth. I was shocked at the sudden request but did as he asked as he was already leaning right over the table of food. I blushed from embarrassment as he placed the food into my mouth.

My eyes automatically closed at the euphoric taste of the food. I dont know wether it was because I was starving or if the food was actually that amazing but it seemed to be one of the best foods I'd ever eaten. My mouth automatically let out a "Wow" as I swallowed the noodles and the boys began to laugh at my dramatic reaction.

"They're good right?!" Namjoon exclaimed from next to me, "Dont be shy, have some more!" The boys somehow had a way of making me feel comfortable around them and I now felt slightly less nervous than before. I'm sure having a few more mouthfuls wont hurt right?

Taehyung kindly reached over the table again to offer me his chopsticks and I thanked him graciously as I reached out to accept his offer. Just as I was about to take the chopsticks, the door to the room swung open causing everyone to jump.

We turned to the door to see Miss Jackson stood there with her arms crossed tightly across her chest, shaking her head at me in disapproval. "I've been looking everywhere for you, what do you think you're doing?!" She questioned in anger. "This is strike 1, 2 more and you're out immediately. It's time to leave."

I could feel tears welling up in my eyes as I stood up and walked towards my irritated mentor. I didnt mean to get lost I didn't even know what happened. I was just watching the performance and next thing I knew she had disappeared. I kept my explanation to myself as I knew that if I tried to talk then the tears would start to fall and that I wouldnt be able to stop them. I couldnt let anything like this happen again. From here on out I would be 110% focused on my internship. I cant let this oppurtunity be wasted.

As I reached Miss Jackson in the corridor, she quickly shut the door behind me. Miss Jackson pointed a stern finger at me as she threatened; "This better not happen again Nicole or believe me when I say our contract will be terminated". I nodded silently and looked down at the floor, trying not to show the tears that had slowly started to roll down my cheeks.

How could I have let this happen?