Chapter 5

I watched in awe as Miss Jackson almost effortlessly applied makeup to each of the boys faces. You could tell straight away that this had been done hundreds of times before. She knew exactly where to apply makeup to accentuate each of the members features. Even the boys knew when to look up, part their lips, close their eyes. It was like clockwork.

I tried to take mental notes of the techniques my new tutor used for each member of the group, but struggled due to the sheer speed of her hands. However, I managed to note the essential knowledge I would need. Each of the boys sported a thin layer of foundation, although each of them had perfect, glowing skin anyway, a simple layer of brown eyeshadow around the outer corner of the eyes, and a clear lip balm on their lips. Somehow making them even prettier than they were bare faced.

While watching the makeup being applied, it was hard to not notice how beautiful each of the boys were. Each of them bringing something different to the table in terms of looks. Jimin had thick, plump lips, Jungkook had large, doe eyes, Jin had a somewhat perfectly symmetrical face... they were all gorgeous. No wonder they were so famous when they were all so attractive.

Taehyung was the last to have his makeup applied and he was no different to the rest of the boys; beautiful. I took notes as miss Jackson carefully blotted the foundation onto his skin, taking care with every brush stroke. Following on by carefully blending the eyeshadow into the outer corner of his eyes, somehow making it look almost natural. Taehyung automatically parted his lips slightly as Miss Jackson applied a thin layer of clear gloss and within 15 minutes, Taehyung's makeup was complete and all of the boys were ready. As Taehyung looked in the mirror to check his face, I realised he was different to the other boys. He didnt have 1 particular beauty feature that stood out to me. If anything it was strange how I found him so beautiful as I couldnt put my finger onto why. There was no doubting his attractiveness yet something about his face was mysterious, maybe it was the way he stared into my eyes earlier or the way he apologised to me even though I'm no one to him. Something about him had me thinking.

Suddenly the door to the dressing room swung open, the noise shaking me out of my thoughts. I realised I had  been staring at Taehyung. Luckily, I dont think he noticed - that may have been awkward.

I turned to the door to see a short, fat, asian man looking flustered. He was obviously sweating and his face red, as if he had just ran here. "Fif *heave* teen *heave* minutes *heave*" he stammered while trying to catch his breath.

"Is it 5pm already?" Hoseok quickly turned around to face the man with raised eyebrows and wide eyes. His lips making a strange "o" shape like a shocked cartoon character.

The man leant against the door frame and seemed to have nearly caught his breath. "You have 15 minutes *heave* before you need to be *heave* backstage ready for 5:30 soundcheck *heave*"

I saw Namjoon check his wrist watch like he didnt belive the man who was obviously very time conscious. "Come on guys we better go before Manager Sejin has a heart attack".

The manager shot Namjoon a look of anger mixed with embarrassment "I'm only 10 years older than you Namjoon" he said after finally catching his breath.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah" Namjoon laughed as he and the other boys began to stand up and collect their belongings. "Yoooongiiii...Yoooooooooonggiiiiiiii" I heard Jimin softly trying to wake the sleeping member who had fallen straight back to sleep after having his makeup done. Jimin trying to wake Yoongi up nicely didnt seem to work very well and suddenly Jin screamed "MIN YOONGI WAKE UP". Yoongi jumped up out of his seat immediately and instinctively threw his hands into fists like he was ready to fight someone. "Its soundcheck time" the boys laughed as Yoongi looked around the room in confusion before realising he was no longer dreaming.

The seven boys began to pile out of the room one by one, each of them smiling and thanking Miss Jackson for the makeup and welcoming me to the team once again. Hoseok did another little dance as he left the room and Jin cheekily winked at me. Namjoon even came over and shook my hand. They all seemed so sweet - not what I would've expected from 7 superstar millionaires but dont judge a book right? Last to leave the room were Yoongi, who was still half asleep, and Taehyung. Just before he left Taehyung turned around and said softly "I'm happy you have an intern Miss Jackson, I love being able to meet new people and I hope I get to know you well Nicole." As he said my name he looked right into my eyes once again and smiled before leaving the room. He was charming. I bet he's the ladies man of the group. Well, I bet they all are, I laughed to myself.

Once everyone had left, Miss Jackson turned to me and spoke "I hope you've been paying attention as we still have more to learn. Once soundcheck is complete the boys will get dressed into their stage outfits and then I will top up their makeup to ensure it is perfect for the preformance. We will then wait backstage and make any top ups between sets if needed. Any questions?"

I wasn't surprised when Mrs Jackson mentioned topping up makeup inbetween songs. Due to lighting it can get pretty hot on stage so its easy for makeup to start moving during a performance. "No Miss Jackson."

"Good" she replied sternly. I hope she grows to be nicer as she gets to know me. So far she had been stone cold. Either way I will have to deal with it for the sake of my career. This I my dream after all and having a cranky mentor wasnt going to ruin it for me.

"Well, we have an hour until we need to be backstage ready, so start making yourself useful and tidy around the room. Those boys sure do know how to make a mess." Miss Jackson, slumped down onto the couch, probably the most chilled I had seen her the entire day. I internally groaned but eagerly started to pick up empty soda cans and random dirty socks. Like I said, nothing was going to ruin my chances of achieving my dream even if it means cleaning up dirty dressing rooms.